Man Killed by Wild Boar

geovalin

4 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Real men ????. The dogs have almost killed the boar before you pull out your Bowie knife and put it out of its misery. Nothing manly there to see really. 

It is quite dangerous for the dogs.  Many have been killed or maimed.  You can google dogs killed by wild boar.  I imagine google is as close as you want to get to a wild boar. 

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

It is quite dangerous for the dogs.  Many have been killed or maimed.  You can google dogs killed by wild boar.  I imagine google is as close as you want to get to a wild boar. 

I fully agree, very dangerous for the dogs. However not so dangerous for the person who walks up to plunge in the knife when the boar is defensless. So really the dogs are the real tough ones ???? 

8 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

I fully agree, very dangerous for the dogs. However not so dangerous for the person who walks up to plunge in the knife when the boar is defensless. So really the dogs are the real tough ones ???? 

I'm assuming you eat bacon/sausage and didn't dispatch your last pig yourself before you ate him.  I think those poor pigs raised in houses with no more than a couple of inches to move is inhumane but I don't say anything about it.  If you have ever been on a boar hunt you would know the animals are never defenseless.  Your pig, on the other hand, the one who you had for breakfast now he was defenseless and you paid to have that poor defenseless creature slaughtered.     

1 hour ago, roo860 said:

That's very 'girlie ', now if you want to talk about a real man then check out Davy Crockett, he killed a bear when he was only three.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What's girlie of me?  Or do you think calling me gay is somehow upsetting?  Is that a slur where you are from?  I don't get you guys.  You don't agree with a person so you call him gay?  Tongjaw accused me of bestiality and you say I'm girlie.  That's really weird.  Do you fellows often call people you don't agree with gay perverts?

What's girlie of me?  Or do you think calling me gay is somehow upsetting?  Is that a slur where you are from?

Being girlie isn't a gay slur, it's doing not a particularly manly thing.

Now if you had said you'd wrestled a wild boar, then I'd say, well done Wild Bill.

18 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

I'm assuming you eat bacon/sausage and didn't dispatch your last pig yourself before you ate him.  I think those poor pigs raised in houses with no more than a couple of inches to move is inhumane but I don't say anything about it.  If you have ever been on a boar hunt you would know the animals are never defenseless.  Your pig, on the other hand, the one who you had for breakfast now he was defenseless and you paid to have that poor defenseless creature slaughtered.     

Ok, ok Billy the Kid your a real man, now is that you happy? 

I better get back to sharpening my trusty Swiss Army knife. Got a hunt on tonight for those darn geckos. Those pesky critters can pounce on an unsuspecting hunter from any angle. Luckily my wife’s two trusty Shih Tzus have my back ???? 

Ok, ok Billy the Kid your a real man, now is that you happy? 

I better get back to sharpening my trusty Swiss Army knife. Got a hunt on tonight for those darn geckos. Those pesky critters can pounce on an unsuspecting hunter from any angle. Luckily my wife’s two trusty Shih Tzus have my back [emoji23]

24 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

What's girlie of me?  Or do you think calling me gay is somehow upsetting?  Is that a slur where you are from?  I don't get you guys.  You don't agree with a person so you call him gay?  Tongjaw accused me of bestiality and you say I'm girlie.  That's really weird.  Do you fellows often call people you don't agree with gay perverts?

Was Arnold calling people gay when he referred to them as "girlie men"? I think you are being a little paranoid.

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Was Arnold calling people gay when he referred to them as "girlie men"? I think you are being a little paranoid.

Arnold said, "Looking back, I stepped over the line several times, and I was the first one to say sorry. I feel bad about it, and I apologize."

It's a flame.  What people say when they are bested in an argument.  Too much of it here.  Makes you all sound like kids in kindergarten.  I realize you all think you are on the Monty Python show but I guarantee you = you are not. 

Arnold said, "Looking back, I stepped over the line several times, and I was the first one to say sorry. I feel bad about it, and I apologize."

It's a flame.  What people say when they are bested in an argument.  Too much of it here.  Makes you all sound like kids in kindergarten.  I realize you all think you are on the Monty Python show but I guarantee you = you are not. 

Monty Python, that's so 70's.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

The poster was making a comparison between your 9 year old stabbing a helpless pig and the Davey Crockett song. He was inferring that the act of stabbing the pig was "girlie" in comparison to Davy Crockett killing a bear when he was three, all tongue in cheek, but it seems you are lacking the humour gene.

6 minutes ago, giddyup said:

The poster was making a comparison between your 9 year old stabbing a helpless pig and the Davey Crockett song. He was inferring that the act of stabbing the pig was "girlie" in comparison to Davy Crockett killing a bear when he was three, all tongue in cheek, but it seems you are lacking the humour gene.

A wild boar is never a helpless pig.  It is a few hundred pounds of death and danger.  When someone tells you an experience of which you are unfamiliar you mock it and him.  Typical response of the inexperienced, untraveled and less sophisticated members of the human race. 

Why should I expect to be mocked for relating an experience that is both on topic and factual?

I have relatives that started bull riding at 12 years old.  Cowboys are a different species.  They are tougher then most men.  This is unfamiliar to you so your response is to make fun of it.  

I understand your behavior but don't respect it. 

5 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

A wild boar is never a helpless pig.  It is a few hundred pounds of death and danger.  When someone tells you an experience of which you are unfamiliar you mock it and him.  Typical response of the inexperienced, untraveled and less sophisticated members of the human race. 

Why should I expect to be mocked for relating an experience that is both on topic and factual?

I have relatives that started bull riding at 12 years old.  Cowboys are a different species.  They are tougher then most men.  This is unfamiliar to you so your response is to make fun of it.  

You seem to be happy to ignore the photographic evidence. The pig was immobilised by the man holding it down, the boy leans over and stabs it tentatively with his knife. Now if you want to make something heroic and manly out of that, be my guest.  End of discussion for me.

17 minutes ago, giddyup said:

You seem to be happy to ignore the photographic evidence. The pig was immobilised by the man holding it down, the boy leans over and stabs it tentatively with his knife. Now if you want to make something heroic and manly out of that, be my guest.  End of discussion for me.

If you have ever tried to hold down a wild boar your comments might have some credence.

Ah, bull riding, now thats a totally different thing, those cowboys have balls of steel, credit where it's due.

2 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Marcusarelus aka mr paranoid. Where in any of my comments did I infer you partake in animal sex? For goodness sake go and bite the head of a man-eating chicken and put a smile on your face ???? 

4 minutes ago, Tongjaw said:

Marcusarelus aka mr paranoid. Where in any of my comments did I infer you partake in animal sex? For goodness sake go and bite the head of a man-eating chicken and put a smile on your face ???? 

My English might not be up to snuff.  What does your post , " Yep, where men were men and sheep were scared." mean if not a reference to bestiality?   

8 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

My English might not be up to snuff.  What does your post , " Yep, where men were men and sheep were scared." mean if not a reference to bestiality?   

Oh please please change your name to MrParanoia.

Anyway, I’m sorry if you interpreted my brilliant joke as offensive. In fact I’m offended at how easily your offended ???? 

I stand with Marcus.    All you non vegetarian people who complain to hunters make me sick.     And yes the sheep comment was misplaced.   The hogs are not wounded much by the dogs.  The catch dog does but firm on the head or neck,  ear area and won't let go.  That's why the good ones are 10,000$.    Many times hogs are brought back alive to be fattened up and sold.  At one time there was a big market for this to Australia.   The meat is very good. 

I guess I'm a wimp for killing some of my hogs from a tree stand.  I've killed many, archery, 06', .243, 270, 45 acp.  I'm a better man for it.  I can bring a wild animal from forest to table solo.  Can you?

RIP poor man and his poor daughter.  

I stand with Marcus.    All you non vegetarian people who complain to hunters make me sick.     And yes the sheep comment was misplaced.   The hogs are not wounded much by the dogs.  The catch dog does but firm on the head or neck,  ear area and won't let go.  That's why the good ones are 10,000$.    Many times hogs are brought back alive to be fattened up and sold.  At one time there was a big market for this to Australia.   The meat is very good. 
I guess I'm a wimp for killing some of my hogs from a tree stand.  I've killed many, archery, 06', .243, 270, 45 acp.  I'm a better man for it.  I can bring a wild animal from forest to table solo.  Can you?

RIP poor man and his poor daughter.  

Yes I can sir, I have shot and eaten many rabbits in my time.

Had a wild boar appear outside the back gate of my house in East Pattaya a few years back. Came by a few times, then no more. Maybe a local restaurant took a fancy to it... Not quite full size but big enough for me to make sure I had an escape if it took a close interest in my welfare when I took it's picture!!

Came across a few more when I was working in Kelantan. One head butted a car I was following when it decided to cross a road. No obvious damage to the boar but the car had quite a dent in it's door panel.

Another time, some of our Thai workers killed one and decided to make use of the kitchen equipment to make a nosh up for all their Thai mates. Well, that did not go down well with the local Malay workers who also used the same kitchen to cook their food. New equipment was needed to placate the unhappy campers!!

boar.JPG

1 hour ago, Elkski said:

That is a  big one.  120 kg +. Older with big tusks.   Like a tank.  To big for prime but still looks yummy.   I have a smoker for you.  

Sausage

Archived