Report on Chaeng Wattana Visit Wednesday Oct 24th

Nice report. I was at Counter J1 this morning filing a TM30 with my TW. Arrived at 9am and was done by 11am. The queue doing 90 Day Reports over at Counter A looked horrendous, easily several hundred people in the queue there.

2 minutes ago, mark5335 said:

Nice report. I was at Counter J1 this morning filing a TM30 with my TW. Arrived at 9am and was done by 11am. The queue doing 90 Day Reports over at Counter A looked horrendous, easily several hundred people in the queue there.

I think my problem with the time at J1 was the fact that it was a day after a holiday and all the hotels and apartments sent their runners in. The 90 day area was scary.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So is it now official that Chaengwattana now require TM30 receipts for all extension renewals?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Mine was an Initial Application. I am not qualified to comment on what is official or not. On the other hand, fool me once shame on me and I will have a TM30 receipt in my possession for anything to do with Immigration in the future, if merely just to save time. 

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

So is it now official that Chaengwattana now require TM30 receipts for all extension renewals?

The OP was applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry for retirement.

Not the first of needing it for those. No report of it being needed for an extension application.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP was applying for a 90 day non immigrant visa entry for retirement.

Not the first of needing it for those. No report of it being needed for an extension application.

I was asked to show my TM30 receipt when I did my retirement extension there back in August. I had one so it wasn't an issue. However my previous extension was done in another province the year before so I don't know if that was reason or not?

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, WorriedNoodle said:

I was asked to show my TM30 receipt when I did my retirement extension there back in August. I had one so it wasn't an issue. However my previous extension was done in another province the year before so I don't know if that was reason or not?

Were you also required to file a TM28 since your previous extension was done in another province? The reason I ask is that when I submitted my TM30 today (upon return yesterday from an overseas trip) I also tried to submit a TM28 for change of address from another province back to Bangkok. The IO at the reception was not helpful and kept asking why my retirement extension had been done in another province as she didn't seem impressed by my remark that up-country life was too quiet for me so I returned to Bangkok. Eventually she instructed me to go to Counter A and join the extremely long 90 Day Report queue and try to file a TM28 there. When I saw the length of the queue I aborted and decided not to bother with the TM28 at present.

I am confused by the need for the TM30. Any clarification would be appreciated.

My wife and I are US citizens, We own our condo and are currently remaining in Thailand with annual Extensions of Stay to our Non-O Visa for retirement. My wife most recently obtained her extension in August. No mention of the TM30 was made.

Is it now required for the Alien to have a copy properly approved TM 30? I assume our Juristic Person would be able to provide it.

Many thanks!