Any successful visa-exempt with Void w/o Prejudice stamp.

Hi.

There is a Thread where some members are getting the "Void without Prejudice" stamp when applying for a setv visa in Phnom Penh.

The concern is also getting a visa-exempt at the Bangkok airports having that stamped in your passport.

My question is has anyone been successful getting a 30 day visa-exempt on (Flight) arrival at the airport with the VWP stamp in your passport?

Were you questioned by the IO or just passed through normally?

Thanks.

Can't tell for sure.

Depends of how many visa / VOA you had before, they are already watching carefully people entering with VOA now, so on top of that if you have a long history + void stamp it's gonna ring all the bells at the immigration...

(for example i was almost denied entry / VOA 2 months ago while i was trying to enter via suvanambhumi after 5 months OUT of Thailand.)

Waiting for other feedback.

That was my thread, its still up. I'll let you know if I make it in 24 hours. I had already bought the airline tickets so I'm not going to waste them.

16 hours ago, Pepper9187 said:

Can't tell for sure.

Depends of how many visa / VOA you had before, they are already watching carefully people entering with VOA now, so on top of that if you have a long history + void stamp it's gonna ring all the bells at the immigration...

(for example i was almost denied entry / VOA 2 months ago while i was trying to enter via suvanambhumi after 5 months OUT of Thailand.)

Waiting for other feedback.

What did they ask for and why did they let you though? From what I've been reading is seems like 6 months in country is when they start asking questions at the problem entry points. Much different than what I've read in the past.

4 minutes ago, swineninety9 said:

That was my thread, its still up. I'll let you know if I make it in 24 hours. I had already bought the airline tickets so I'm not going to waste them.

What did they ask for and why did they let you though? From what I've been reading is seems like 6 months in country is when they start asking questions at the problem entry points. Much different than what I've read in the past.

See full story here :

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1051305-stopped-2hrs-at-bkk-airport-immigration-wrong-stamp-feedback/

Edited by Pepper9187

6 minutes ago, swineninety9 said:

"Arrested." Did they put you in cuffs?

Aha no wrong word.

Just gently denied / surrounded and guided to another office.

I don't think they would handcuff anyone for visa issues, anyway where are you going to run ???? !? you'r gonna hide in the toilets and then what !

Edited by Pepper9187

47 minutes ago, Pepper9187 said:

Aha no wrong word.

Just gently denied / surrounded and guided to another office.

I don't think they would handcuff anyone for visa issues, anyway where are you going to run ???? !? you'r gonna hide in the toilets and then what !

I don't like cuffs. Detained and questioned is probably the correct term. When I left last time they asked "if I had residence in Thailand" at the airline ticket counter. I said no. I think something is up.

Edited by swineninety9

1 hour ago, swineninety9 said:

>20k baht in hand cash

>outbound ticket back to home country

>itinerary for your tourism in Thailand, aka where you are going and staying

>Proof of hotel booking

Anything else I'm missing, do I need a passport photo for Visa Exempt?

The ticket can be to anywhere. A one way ticket to a nearby country wound be accepted if asked for it by immigration.

A itinerary  would not be needed. Hotel booking only if asked for it.

No photo needed since you are not applying for anything.

Since I started this thread, I'll give my visa-exempt experience from yesterday having the “Void w/o prejudice” stamp in my passport.

I arrive in Bangkok with a one way (Throw-Away) air ticket to Kuala Lumpur, 20k Baht cash, plus a Airport Fast-Track Service (1200 baht).

Met the Fast-Track representative at Suvarnabhumi Airport. Very cute girl and friendly. She checked my passport for any overstays(I presume). Previous overstays cannot use their service I was told. She then ask if I have a visa, I said no I am here only 30 days she said OK.

When we reached the priority line, she handed my passport to the IO and then quickly took off to my luggage gate. It would have been nice if she could have stuck around until the IO finish processing my passport. A little moral support would have been helpful.

The IO fiddle through my passport then stopped starring at one page. I assume he was looking at the “Red Void” stamp. Then fiddle through more pages. (I have METV and setv visa going back to 2015).

He then said “You have no visa” I stated w/o hesitation “I'm only here for just 30 days then I will leave Thailand. He nodded as if he gets it then gave me my 30 day visa-exempt.

Found the fast-track girl at the pickup luggage gate. She push the luggage using the dolly to gate 7 Bell Travel. Once I met the representatives at Bell Travel she bolted without saying goodbye.

I never had a setv application rejected in Phnom Penh for 5 years. This was the first rejection.

To avoid having the IO eyeball that “Red Void Stamp” in future travels, next year I will get a new USA passport. Use a travel agent in Phnom Penh to get a Setv (if they refuse) go the visa-exempt route again. I will not go to the Thai Embassy alone in Phnom Penh. Having all the required paper-work and get rejected w/o informing me the reason.

Just an FYI, I did go to 3 different PP travel agencies prior to going solo to the Thai Embassy. All these travel agents were informed by Thai Embassy not to process any more setv in PP. The tourist must apply for a setv themselves or have 1 or 2 Tourist visa in their passport to have the agency intervene.

TC.

Thanks for the update.  To clarify from the agents in PP...

14 hours ago, tomx2 said:

Just an FYI, I did go to 3 different PP travel agencies prior to going solo to the Thai Embassy. All these travel agents were informed by Thai Embassy not to process any more setv in PP. The tourist must apply for a setv themselves or have 1 or 2 Tourist visa in their passport to have the agency intervene.

So an agency can still help, but only if you have 1 or 2 SETVs max?

3 hours ago, JackThompson said:

Thanks for the update.  To clarify from the agents in PP...

So an agency can still help, but only if you have 1 or 2 SETVs max?

Yes.

I can only speak on Phnom Penh city (at this moment) not other regions of Cambodia.

The Travel Agencies near Riverside (I went to) told me the less Tourist visa (minimum of 1 or 2), in your passport and/or length of previous stays, the better your chances.

My hotel called  2 of their connections. Their reply, "Don't bother coming to their shop".

I believe someone on this forum stated The Thai Govt is cracking down on "Tea Money" accepted by IO in Phnom Penh.  Hopefully things will change next year in Phnom Penh.

TC. 

• Like 1