Voting At Condo Agm

Tammi

I would like to be able to trust that voting at condo AGM is done correctly with no funny bsuiness. Anybody know how to ensure the integrity of the vote for the new Management Committee?

Well the safest would be one voting paper for each eligible voter which would be placed in a sealed ballot box and opened in the presence of eligible voters and not just the management committee.

If they go for the hand vote watch out for the voters who do not have a hand behind their back.

I would like to be able to trust that voting at condo AGM is done correctly with no funny bsuiness. Anybody know how to ensure the integrity of the vote for the new Management Committee?

Well the safest would be one voting paper for each eligible voter which would be placed in a sealed ballot box and opened in the presence of eligible voters and not just the management committee.

If they go for the hand vote watch out for the voters who do not have a hand behind their back.

What has happened in the past here is that voting papers and proxies are collected by staff - say the accountant and deputy manager - and they do all the adding. But I just don't trust them to do it right.

I like your idea to put in sealed box and opened so's we all see but I think some folks will complain that their vote is no longer confidential - the staff knowing is OK but not the rest of the co-owners.

(This condo management has even said that its OK for the security guards to have a complete list of occupants but that the guards must not show to anyone, not even other co-owners.)

I think we will have to ask that 2 co-owners not on the slate must oversee the vote counting. Is that one way other condos handle?