Route road 212

Kwasaki

The Google Maps trip plotting function does not seem to be working right now.

I live only about 10km from 212. I was just on it today going to Bueng Kan city.

On the map, 212 appears to follow the Mekhong River pretty closely, but in reality, you would only be able to see the river from only a few spots. The road is mostly in good condition and not much traffic. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Issanman said:

The Google Maps trip plotting function does not seem to be working right now.

I live only about 10km from 212. I was just on it today going to Bueng Kan city.

On the map, 212 appears to follow the Mekhong River pretty closely, but in reality, you would only be able to see the river from only a few spots. The road is mostly in good condition and not much traffic. 

Thanks and yeah will be a great ride just wanted some idea to know kilos so we could work out how long it will take and how many night stops we may make to roughly calculate number of days in the saddle.

I don't do tents anymore. ????

From a route I had saved it is 610 Km @ 9 Hours and 10 mins.

Doing part of it early next month -  going North and North West from Nakhon Phanom to Nong Khai.

I have a couple of detours off my route to look at some things, but i am guessing if you stick to the 212 you will still be around 590 ish.

Tents !!!!! Never again for me. Had 20 odd years under them. No need when you can find a good hotel on your travels for 5-6-700 Baht ????

Untitled078.jpg

• Like 2

Some of you are making this very difficult ????

All you have to do is to go on Google maps, make a route from Nong Khai to Ubon and then drag the route close to the river -> About 590km

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Thai Chi said:

From a route I had saved it is 610 Km @ 9 Hours and 10 mins.

Doing part of it early next month -  going North and North West from Nakhon Phanom to Nong Khai.

I have a couple of detours off my route to look at some things, but i am guessing if you stick to the 212 you will still be around 590 ish.

Tents !!!!! Never again for me. Had 20 odd years under them. No need when you can find a good hotel on your travels for 5-6-700 Baht ????

Thanks for that cheers, looking at the map the R 212 is further out from your route and looks longer but will we see.

Have safe ride, as I always have said " Ride to live" since in Thailand

" It's time to ride with the devil." ????

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jackdd said:

Some of you are making this very difficult ????

All you have to do is to go on Google maps, make a route from Nong Khai to Ubon and then drag the route close to the river -> About 590km

Thanks I am going to do that, I looked on mobile first for just Nong Khai to Ubon Ratchathani by road 212.

I'm home now so my computer will sort it, our start is Sukhothai City to Ubon Ratchathani not exactly straight forward.