Lorazapam

RBOP

I think my local hospital sold me some fake lorazapam (cant say what brand or hospital for fear of being sued). Anyone know where I can send a few pills to have them tested. I complained to the hospital but all they say is this is the only brand they have at the moment. 

No, I do not know of anyplace that will do this for you. Obviously the FDA has drug testing facilities, as do police labs,  but they do not test drugs for the general public. Besides, even if yo uknew, what would you do with that information?

It is highly unlikely to be a counterfeit drug if gotten from a hospital. What is possible is:

1 - the hospital intentionally gave you a "placebo" instead of lorazepam. Thai hospitals do not provide this drug very readily, especially government hospitals.  If what you got is not in a sealed labelled blister pack this is possible.

2. It may be a substandard brand, the quality of manufacturing does vary in Thailand according to company. In those cases there is active ingrediant but in lower concentration than labelled.

3. It may have been stored in non a/c conditions and lost potency as a result.

1 hour ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You may have developed a tolerance to this very addictive substance.

I was given this for some time and it is a very addictive substance.

.5mg after some time does not work. I stopped taking it for the addictive reason because after just taking it for one week, it was not cutting it anymore and I was going to need more. I stopped before it became a problem. Lower dosages of a substandard brand would make sense as well. Anything that is a benzo is something that needs to be taken with care.

See your doctor and talk about it if you are needing it for anxiety or panic attacks. 

Edited by totally thaied up

15 hours ago, Sheryl said:

No, I do not know of anyplace that will do this for you. Obviously the FDA has drug testing facilities, as do police labs,  but they do not test drugs for the general public. Besides, even if yo uknew, what would you do with that information?

It is highly unlikely to be a counterfeit drug if gotten from a hospital. What is possible is:

1 - the hospital intentionally gave you a "placebo" instead of lorazepam. Thai hospitals do not provide this drug very readily, especially government hospitals.  If what you got is not in a sealed labelled blister pack this is possible.

2. It may be a substandard brand, the quality of manufacturing does vary in Thailand according to company. In those cases there is active ingrediant but in lower concentration than labelled.

3. It may have been stored in non a/c conditions and lost potency as a result.

Thanks. I'm thinking its #2 and now in contact with the manufacture who is checking their QA/QC. The brand I used before never had any issues like this. Sleep well.