Bumrungrads vs Treatment in Dubai if cost was not a factor. Where would you go?

RichardThailand

the venue is not the only factor to consider.

picking the right doctors much more important.

if cost was not a factor, I would research which doctors are treating state presidents and other VIPs and contact them for treatment. the choice of venue is then irrelevant because the doctor will choose one for you.

3 hours ago, manarak said:

the venue is not the only factor to consider.

picking the right doctors much more important.

if cost was not a factor, I would research which doctors are treating state presidents and other VIPs and contact them for treatment. the choice of venue is then irrelevant because the doctor will choose one for you.

Thanks but I would no idea how to even go about starting to research which doctor was the better one in Thailand or in any other country for that matter.  

Fir Thailand, just post the inquery here, it's what the forum is for.

For Dubai I have no info. But one of the ways to search, besides looking at doctor bios on hospital websites (if Dubai hospitals have this) is to google medical literature and look at who has published in international journals on topics relevant to the problem the patient has (this does often need some medical knowledge to do). And identify relevant international medical associations specific to the specialty  and look at who is on their executive committee, who has given presentations at meetings etc.

There is no one location that has all the best doctors. It will vary by diagnosis.

From what I observe in the environs of Bumrungrad, medical care may not be the only factor in its popularity with Arabs, many want to come to  Thailand anyway for other reasons.

I also note that many come for cosmetic procedures, for that they might prefer the anonymity of a non-Arab ocuntry.

Archived