Thai Air Staying Put And Not Moving

marshbags

Thu, February 15, 2007 : Last updated 9:04 am

From todays Nation

SUVARNABHUMI

THAI baulks at moving to Don Muang

National airline joins with 60 others in staying put after reports say repairs to new airport will not be very extensive

Thai Airways Inter-national along with more than 60 other airlines have confirmed they will stay at Suvarnabhumi Airport despite the government plan to reopen Don Muang as a second international terminal.

Meanwhile, three budget airlines, AirAsia, Jet Star Asia and Tiger Air, are expected to move to Don Muang Airport, said a source in the aviation industry.

At the board of directors meeting yesterday, THAI chairman Chalit Pukbhasuk said the airline had resolved to operate both domestic and international flights at Suvarnabhumi. Earlier, THAI planned to move its non-transit domestic flights to Don Muang.

Unquote.

Please go to the url for the complete article:-

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/02/15...es_30026915.php

I for one am not confident in the safety aspects of in the times ahead.

Otherwise if it,s true then it,s good news indeed for all passengers not using the budget airlines.

marshbags :o

P.S.

If it,s posted somewhere else, please delete this one and apologies for duplicating.

Edited by marshbags

This never ending story will rival TV's own and it changes daily if not hourly.

Full closure or partial closure or no closure.

Major faults or minor faults or cosmetic faults.

Some operations have to relocate to DMK or any relocation will be on a voluntary basis.

Piss-up's in breweries and the associated organisational skill leaps to mind.

A large part of the problem, as I see it, is that no one person is taking responsibility for press releases regarding the problems with, and fate of, Suvarnabhumi. The result is that we have a pack of loose cannons, some named and some anonymous, running around issuing contradictory statements. That is why it is usual to appoint a spokesman, government or otherwise, whose sole function is to brief the press.

Oh well time will tell, I just hope that any decision is made on sound technical data and not on face saving criteria.

Thu, February 15, 2007 : Last updated 9:04 am

From todays Nation

SUVARNABHUMI

THAI baulks at moving to Don Muang

National airline joins with 60 others in staying put after reports say repairs to new airport will not be very extensive

Thai Airways Inter-national along with more than 60 other airlines have confirmed they will stay at Suvarnabhumi Airport despite the government plan to reopen Don Muang as a second international terminal.

Meanwhile, three budget airlines, AirAsia, Jet Star Asia and Tiger Air, are expected to move to Don Muang Airport, said a source in the aviation industry.

At the board of directors meeting yesterday, THAI chairman Chalit Pukbhasuk said the airline had resolved to operate both domestic and international flights at Suvarnabhumi. Earlier, THAI planned to move its non-transit domestic flights to Don Muang.

Unquote.

Please go to the url for the complete article:-

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2007/02/15...es_30026915.php

I for one am not confident in the safety aspects of in the times ahead.

Otherwise if it,s true then it,s good news indeed for all passengers not using the budget airlines.

P.S.

If it,s posted somewhere else, please delete this one and apologies for duplicating.

Hope that Thai stays in new BKK with ALL their flights including domestic. I do not want to have to cross town after a long haul flight before heading for my 40 minutes flight to Phitsanoluk.....

Possible is everything, but if one searches for flights from, e.g. CMX to London you just give in CMX-LHR and get a list of all flights via BKK without being bothered to see domestic flights CMX into DMK.

It would be the same in Europe, you ask Manchester to BKK and should get all connections at Heathrow, not showing any Manchester-Stansted-flight, unless there is an onward connection Stansted-BKK.

Earlier, THAI planned to move its non-transit domestic flights to Don Muang.

Aren't all domestic flights possible transit flights?

Yes M.I.T.M. and tht,s what was pissing me off when they announced the above quote before.

There was an earlier contradicting quote from the president saying they would probably move all the domestic flights apart from, Phuket, K.Khaen and C.Mai to " Nok Air " which is connected to Thai Airlines.

Hopefully that is now a non starter.

Mind you, tomorrows another day for further contradictions.

Edited by marshbags

Might not have a choice in the end..... if new airport closes that is.

Todays news:

Don Muang may not be reopened: offiical

Don Muang International Airport may not be reopened due to lower-than-expected number of airlines that have shown the intention of moving their operations to the old airport, said an executive of Airports of Thailand.

Pinit Saraithong, Don Maung director, said the old airport may not be reopened as only three airlines are interested in moving to Don Muang. The airlines operate a number of flights which account for a tiny part of the flights operated at Suvarnabhumi.

"How could we survive with the few number of clients," he said.

AOT earlier expected at least 30 per cent flights from Suvarnabhumi would be moved to Don Muang.

Transport Minister Theera Haocharoen said after the meeting with over 60 airlines today that most of them insist on staying at Suvarnabhumi Airport.

The issue would be finalised by the a panel, chaired by Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont, which will hold a meeting Friday, he said.

source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...newsid=30026966

Lets see what tomorrows story is........

Looks like yet another tomorrow has come with yet another contradicting statement. :D

Taken from todays B.Post.

General news >> Saturday February 17, 2007

Don Muang will be limited to domestic flights - PM

Amornrat Mahitthirook

Don Muang airport will serve only non-connecting domestic flights during the first six months of its reopening, Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont said.

The government would decide later if it could serve more, Gen Surayud said in his capacity as chair of the committee on operating policies for Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports, which met yesterday.

Unquote

If you want to read the full article please go to the following url:-

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/17Feb2007_news01.php

I have that sick reaction in my gut that the Udon / B.kok flights will finish up at Don Muang and then it,ll be a right pain, adding several hours ???, to an already marathon journey to and from the U.K.

I hope at the end of all the tomorrows we can fly direct to the new airport.

So long as both are connectable at the same airport that,s good enough for me, along with many others from the area, i suspect.

Edited by marshbags

Looks like yet another tomorrow has come with yet another contradicting statement. :D

Taken from todays B.Post.

General news >> Saturday February 17, 2007

Don Muang will be limited to domestic flights - PM

Amornrat Mahitthirook

Don Muang airport will serve only non-connecting domestic flights during the first six months of its reopening, Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont said.

The government would decide later if it could serve more, Gen Surayud said in his capacity as chair of the committee on operating policies for Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang airports, which met yesterday.

Unquote

If you want to read the full article please go to the following url:-

http://www.bangkokpost.com/News/17Feb2007_news01.php

I have that sick reaction in my gut that the Udon / B.kok flights will finish up at Don Muang and then it,ll be a right pain, adding several hours ???, to an already marathon journey to and from the U.K.

I hope at the end of all the tomorrows we can fly direct to the new airport.

So long as both are connectable at the same airport that,s good enough for me, along with many others from the area, i suspect.

Yes it looks like TG will have to save some face agree to have their 737 aircrafts based at DM. TG is servicing NokAir 737s and therefore would make sense to do their also at the same airport.

This would mean Phitsanoluk, Ubon and other routes back at DM

A real pain although I could and probably would use Chiang Mai instead of Phitsanoluk adding a 2-3 hours driving to my trip