Export Company Vs. 49/51 Thai Company

Hi All,

Just a quick question. We are setting up a new company to export and are wondering what the real advantages will be to set up a 100% export company versus a regular 49/51 Thai company. Basically, I want to know what the advantages and pitfalls of each choice are. Are you allowed to have less employees per work permit on a purely export company? Yes, I am aware that a 100% export company can be 100% foreign owned however I am wondering what other advantages there are. Any assistance appreciated.

On a similar topic - we will recieve export credits from the government (Blue Corner discounts) of 5.5% on our export values. These credits are normally used for purchasing raw material/parts in the production of products for exports. Since we are exporting finished goods, the credits do us no good other than we can sell them off at a discounted price. If we have a 100% export company, would we be able to sell these credits or would that sale be considered as a "sale" within Thailand? (100% export companies are not allowed to sell any products or services within Thailand).

Cheers.

Angie