Drugs-bust policeman hung himself: autopsy

snoop1130

Drugs-bust policeman hung himself: autopsy

By The Nation

fde8606a27f5d2bf26df235d0ecf72e2.jpeg

Pol Sergeant Major Rangsan Sonilat, who was arrested last week in a drugs bust, hung himself at Sadao police station in Songkhla province, according to the autopsy report.

Rangsan surrendered on October 25 to fight an allegation that he helped traffic 294kg of crystal meth or "ice" worth Bt147 million. 

Songkhla deputy chief Colonel Anurut Im-arb on Tuesday said CCTV confirmed Rangsan hung himself with a thin blanket inside the cell on October 27. 

"There is no suspicion nor anything suggesting anyone else was involved," Anurut said. 

Rangsan was identified as one of three people for whom arrest warrants were issued after they were implicated by a drug suspect who was arrested earlier this month.

The autopsy was acknowledged by Rangsan's relatives, supervisors, Sadao administrators and the Na Thawee Provincial Court attorney. His family did not dispute the findings. 

The police would further investigate the suicide, Anurut added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30357602

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-10-31

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

Songkhla deputy chief Colonel Anurut Im-arb on Tuesday said CCTV confirmed Rangsan hung himself with a thin blanket inside the cell on October 27. 

"There is no suspicion nor anything suggesting anyone else was involved," Anurut said. 

Ah huh...

4 hours ago, Small Joke said:

The CCTV is supposed to prevent these incidents? Or is it just to make sure nobody steals anything from their holding cell? ????

CCTV is more bark than bite.  A lot of these cameras have really bad lenses and resolution, it's more the preventative statement "we are watching." 

Friend of mine had his gear stolen from a hostel.  They looked at the tape and sure enough there is a guy walking out of the place with his bags, no way to recognize the culprit, save for maybe the color of his shirt.  Story ends there.

3 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Hanged himself with a blanket.... tied to what?..... I’m not convinced, I guess the hanged with socks story couldn’t be used again.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

the cells have bars going cross ways in some places don't they? perhaps from there.

I am more suspicious that he was given a blanket LOL

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Drugs bust cop  had to be got out of the way, before he dropped more senior plod in the doo-doo.

In a police cell, given a blanket..... My a++e, if you are locked in a police cell they dont give you food/ water, let alone a blanket

"here you go sarge, as you are one of us you can have this long thin blanket.

you know how it works, make it snappy Sarge, no hanging about"

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Drugs bust cop  had to be got out of the way, before he dropped more senior plod in the doo-doo.

In a police cell, given a blanket..... My a++e, if you are locked in a police cell they dont give you food/ water, let alone a blanket

You get food and water from the police,not good but keeps you alive, family members can provide you with a blanket,good food and bottled water.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, PoorSucker said:

You get food and water from the police,not good but keeps you alive, family members can provide you with a blanket,good food and bottled water.

Sorry i disagree with you, when i was locked in a police cell the only food/water i got was brought to me by Jipp99.

Now anybody doubt that check with him.

1 minute ago, PoorSucker said:

TVF is a great source of information. You can always count on a handsum moderator with a shady past to fill in the dots LOL

Just now, colinneil said:

Sorry i disagree with you, when i was locked in a police cell the only food/water i got was brought to me by Jipp99.

Bloody hell, you as well. Is this an ex con forum or something LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, colinneil said:

just because you didnt receive any food or water , that doesnt mean that no one else does

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

I hope you’ve put your drug lord past behind you now Colin?

• Haha 1