Ticket takes some time to arrive.

fredob43

Heads up.

I have just received a speeding fine Dated 12th August. Arrived 2nd November. Was doing it seems 112kph in Ayutthaya on the 1/32 90kph road. Usual 500bt.

Seems they are taking their time in sending them out. So don't think you are going to get away with going fast anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 1:29 PM, KhunBENQ said:

That's unusually long to receive.

Does the letter have a date of issue/print?

Dated a few days prior to me getting it. Have put it down to they are more than likely either short staffed, or they are issuing huge amount's of tickets now that it's overloading them.

Yet to be confirmed... I've been told by a handful of Thai's and a couple of foreigners who've received fines that there is no downside to not paying !... 

Its not linked to tax etc... Again, I've yet to confirm this. 

Our car has two tickets against it: Crossing a line and speeding - I'll see what happens when we pay the tax in Feb. 

A friend had a ticket outstanding agains his previous car, never paid the ticket, no issues when transferring the vehicle. 

I'm sure this would all get sorted and the various departments will get their ducks-in-a-row but in the mean time I thing nothing is actually happening to those who don't pay.

I got one a couple of months after the picture was taken.  I think that they are really swamped with the number of tickets that they are issuing.

Think of the drivers that habitually do illegal u-turns and lane changes, or motorcycle that use the tunnels or overpasses every day...  there must be people who are getting hundreds of tickets!

I predict that when they finally get the backlog cleared and the tickets linked to the LTD, there will be dozens or even hundreds of taxi drivers protesting that they cannot possibly pay the tickets that they have received and petitioning the government for relief! ????

Archived