Registered Mail

White Christmas13

I did send registered mail from Australia to Thailand

nearly 3 weeks ago but it never arrived so what can

I do about it the address was written in English is that

a problem? Will they send it back to the sender (me)

I tried to track it but I have been told registered can

not be tracked all answers appreciated

Three weeks is not the end, it may still turn up. Are you city or rural ? 

If you sent it "registered" from Australia you need to wait 28 days from send date then ask the Auspost to investigate, they are the senders and can request a search be carried out.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Three weeks is not the end, it may still turn up. Are you city or rural ? 

If you sent it "registered" from Australia you need to wait 28 days from send date then ask the Auspost to investigate, they are the senders and can request a search be carried out.

I live in Perth and I send it to Bangkok ok I wait some more days before I contact

Australia Post

Thanks CharlieH

1 hour ago, White Christmas13 said:

I tried to track it but I have been told registered can

not be tracked

I thought the reason to register a mail is being able to track it. That´s what I do here in TH. I get the number, go to the website and can see where the thing is

8 minutes ago, pikao said:

I thought the reason to register a mail is being able to track it. That´s what I do here in TH. I get the number, go to the website and can see where the thing is

Yes that is what I thought now read this

The tracking status 'product not trackable' – or the message, ‘sorry, this item can’t be tracked’ – might be shown for items sent using one of our international services that doesn’t come with tracking as a standard feature.

These include:

Registered Post International

International Economy (Air and Sea)

Go to the local post office where the guys who deliver the mail start out from. For me this is a simple place to locate as I live in a small area on the outskirts of a small town, it might not be so easy to locate in Bangkok.

I have had this issue before and when I went there they found the package after some digging around.

This was with tracked mail though but the same thing can apply with non tracked mail.

I discovered that Registered Mail (Thailand to USA) was ALWAYS the slowest means to send by post; one month or more not unusual.  It was explained to me that R-Mail must be logged in at every transfer point, often manually so it can sit for days at each station.  Certified Mail is usually 50% faster as it does not require point to point log-in.  

Never lost either a registered or certified piece of mail.  Same true for regular Thai Post as well.

20 hours ago, CharlieH said:

If you sent from Thailand to Australia, tracking would stop at swampy airport.(as an example)

I sent by EMS (registered/tracked?) to the UK last year and it showed tracked to the Heathrow sorting office - then UK post lost it............

So some countries it must work?

56 minutes ago, topt said:

I sent by EMS (registered/tracked?) to the UK last year and it showed tracked to the Heathrow sorting office - then UK post lost it............

Ems is not "registered" its a totally different service and offers full tracking.

But, of course anthing can be "lost" but its also clear "who" lost it and compensation can be paid.

4 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Ems is not "registered" its a totally different service

Sorry not being difficult but different to what? By EMS I simply meant go to the local PO and ask to send a registered/tracked letter to the UK - I thought that was EMS?

18 minutes ago, topt said:

Sorry not being difficult but different to what? By EMS I simply meant go to the local PO and ask to send a registered/tracked letter to the UK - I thought that was EMS?

Different to 'international signed for' or 'registered'.

EMS is the courier service offered by post offices so it's completely different and much more expensive. Delivery will typically be within 2 to 3 days and the service is designed to rival FedEx / DHL.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, topt said:

No it isnt, "registered" at the counter called "loong tabien" and is the same as "recorded" in the UK it will provide "proof of delivery" and generally is around 7-10 days.

EMS is fully trackable and is generally 3-5 days (dependent on final destination).Also a lot more expensive than the above.

36 minutes ago, CharlieH said:
1 hour ago, topt said:

36 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

Ems is not "registered" its a totally different service and offers full tracking.

But, of course anthing can be "lost" but its also clear "who" lost it and compensation can be paid.

And there is no such place as Heathrow sorting office.

22 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

No it isnt, "registered" at the counter called "loong tabien" and is the same as "recorded" in the UK it will provide "proof of delivery" and generally is around 7-10 days.

EMS is fully trackable and is generally 3-5 days (dependent on final destination).Also a lot more expensive than the above.

Thanks - I was not aware of the difference.