Need some assistance on getting around Pattaya..

moontang

I have been a few times..I am interested in Jomtien, specifically the Beach Rd equivalent to that area, with lots of sidelining ladies of the day, night, whenever.  I am familiar with the Pattaya Bus Station...could someone please recommend a good general area of Jomtien to stay..or even an affordable room hopefully with a safe so I can keep my mind on fun?  And, is there a cheap and easy way to get there from the bus station.  I don't mind walking for 2_3 km if the footpath is ok, at all.  Many thanks in advance.

• Like 1

so the baht busses all go to walking st?  makes sense...are they marked or color coded?  thx....are any of the B2 HOTELS DOABLE..I can get great rates, there, and have had great luck..like 19 out of 20 being very good.

3 hours ago, moontang said:

And, is there a cheap and easy way to get there from the bus station.

If you get the bus at BKK airport it actually goes to Jomtien as its terminus. 120B.

For hotels, check booking.com and hotels.com for examples.

1 hour ago, moontang said:

so the baht busses all go to walking st?  makes sense...are they marked or color coded? 

All bahtbuses on the sea side of Sukumvit are dark blue. They do have numbers and routes on them, but they dont always apply.

Any bahtbus going north along Jomtien Beach Road will normally carry on to Pattaya 2nd road, thus passing very near Walking Street. It costs 10B. In the opposite direction it is less obvious, but there is a bahtbus station at the corner of South Road and 2nd Road, by the school, from where they all go to Jomtien Beach Road. Fine, as long as you dont mind being squashed in with 20 Russians. Also 10B.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

If you get the bus at BKK airport it actually goes to Jomtien as its terminus. 120B.

For hotels, check booking.com and hotels.com for examples.

All bahtbuses on the sea side of Sukumvit are dark blue. They do have numbers and routes on them, but they dont always apply.

Any bahtbus going north along Jomtien Beach Road will normally carry on to Pattaya 2nd road, thus passing very near Walking Street. It costs 10B. In the opposite direction it is less obvious, but there is a bahtbus station at the corner of South Road and 2nd Road, by the school, from where they all go to Jomtien Beach Road. Fine, as long as you dont mind being squashed in with 20 Russians. Also 10B.

I am coming from Nonthaburi, and was used to Ekami...but it might be better and faster for me to go to swamppy...would that be from the terminal building, arrival floor?  Or should i take the van out to that public bus terminal out there, where i used to go for four hour layovers in the middle of the night, via the courtesy shuttle?  Thanks KK, at least the russians are familiar with soap...

I always stay on Walking Street. Not much action during the day but lots of GoGos have happy hours (unlike Bangkok).  Make sure to write a trip report, MT, and don’t forget about Pattaya Soi 6.  Good place to spend an afternoon.

37 minutes ago, camble said:

I always stay on Walking Street. Not much action during the day but lots of GoGos have happy hours (unlike Bangkok).  Make sure to write a trip report, MT, and don’t forget about Pattaya Soi 6.  Good place to spend an afternoon.

is that the same walking street in Pattaya?  Seemed like a ripoff 6 years ago...but HH is a step in the right direction.

I am coming from Nonthaburi, and was used to Ekami...but it might be better and faster for me to go to swamppy...would that be from the terminal building, arrival floor?  Or should i take the van out to that public bus terminal out there, where i used to go for four hour layovers in the middle of the night, via the courtesy shuttle?

If it is easy for you to get to the airport then the airport bus will probably be best. It goes every hour on the hour. Just follow the signs for the buses.
Getting to Jomtien from the north bus station in Pattaya can be tedious.

http://airportpattayabus.com/V2/

• Thanks 1

With the opening of Terminal 21, you don't want to be anywhere near North Pattaya Road, which is where the bus station is. 

Catch the airport bus to Jomtien at Suvarnahumi Airport. Then right out front, catch a baht bus down to Jomtien Beach Road.  Do  not talk to any of the Thai men offering rides to people getting off the bus. They are scum. Catch a baht bus already moving and with passengers. 10 baht.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Farrows3399 said:

The area soi5 to soi7 has a couple of hotels on Beach road for 800 baht. You have a good sea view as well as on the limited action on Beach. That area passes for a minor equivalent of pattaya. From bus station take baht bus to walking street and then transfer to Jomtien

Why not get the bus straight to Jomtien?

14 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Why not get the bus straight to Jomtien?

yes, as suggested, getting the Swampy bus for 120 and going straight to Jomtien might be the best choice..assuming the ones from Ekamai only go to the main Pattaya station, or is that an incorrect assumption?

5 minutes ago, moontang said:

yes, as suggested, getting the Swampy bus for 120 and going straight to Jomtien might be the best choice..assuming the ones from Ekamai only go to the main Pattaya station, or is that an incorrect assumption?

5 minutes ago, moontang said:

I'm not sure. I know my son got the bus from Swampy to Jomtien last year.

correct-its far easier to get the airport bus to jomtien{last stop}..

from there -you can get baht bus to jomtien beach or back to pattaya  and along second rd...

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, soistalker said:

With the opening of Terminal 21, you don't want to be anywhere near North Pattaya Road, which is where the bus station is. 

Catch the airport bus to Jomtien at Suvarnahumi Airport. Then right out front, catch a baht bus down to Jomtien Beach Road.  Do  not talk to any of the Thai men offering rides to people getting off the bus. They are scum. Catch a baht bus already moving and with passengers. 10 baht.

Absolutely, all those Knucklehead are asking for a huge price. Thai people are bunch of liars

Go on agoda or booking.com (same company) and find a hotel or guest house in jomtien,soi 2,3 and 4 have little traffic and are full of places to stay,soi 5 is busy it's where the immigration office is,soi 7 has lots of bars so can be a bit noisy but they seem to have toned it down a bit.It's a 15 minute walk(max) from the bus station to soi 5 or 7.Get a room with a balcony facing to pattaya a room facing the sea will get the sun all day.plenty of baht buses to and from pattaya,don't over think it just get the bus to jomtien and if you don't have a enormous bag stroll down to beach road obviously the pavements are not smooth.

31 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

I think you'll be in for a bit of a disappointment if you're expecting the same shennagins ( concerning the "coconut" ladies) on Jomtien beach rd. by comparison to Pattaya beach rd.

Disappointment in price, quality, or quantity?  I am mid 50s....and actually like them around 40... experience, dedication, price, and (sex) drive.  I want to relax; not feel like a manager.  Also, I live in BKK, and can always do the gogo ripoffs here, if I desired....beers are 80 at the Cowboy during HH.  A lot of guys seem to forget, if only takes one, (ok, two every now and then).  So some place with 200 girls, mobbed by Chinese and other weekend warrior types, with terrible music blaring, and no place to sit down, is actually quite a bit worse than a small bar with a dozen girls and more comfy, and can smoke somewhere without shocking people.

Edited by moontang

29 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Jomtien?   Bone up on your Russian, never get on the back of a motor bike taxi, always wear a condom, and use the Baht Bus as your direct life line to parts unknown and you should be slightly ok? ????

The low number soi's 2 to 8 are mostly Scandinavian ,german,Dutch and in 15 minutes you will be in walking street,there is little action on beach road and the only gogo is beyond belief though it's not actually called that.

On 11/4/2018 at 1:13 PM, moontang said:

Yes the Ekamai bus goes to the Pattaya bus terminal on north road.

From Nonthaburi I would think the best bet is the MRT to Petchaburi Road/Makkasan interchange and take the city link out to the airport. At the airport station just go up the elevator and the buses go from near Door No 8 at ground level. You need to make sure you get the Jomtien bus, there is another bus run by Bell Transport that goes to Pattaya.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

There is a bus from swampy direct to Jomtien? Like an idiot for the past 4 years wide and I would always take a taxi to Ekkamai then catch the bus then wait ages for the baht bus if we stayed in jomtien.

Where is the bus station at jomtien located?

directly next to foodmart, near the Thepprasit / Thappraya intersection.

for 120 baht it will will bring you to/from the airport in less than 2 hours.

Edited by manarak
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

There is a bus from swampy direct to Jomtien? Like an idiot for the past 4 years wide and I would always take a taxi to Ekkamai then catch the bus then wait ages for the baht bus if we stayed in jomtien.

Where is the bus station at jomtien located?

Look at the link I posted four days ago: