Confused 90 day report and tm30

I will be going to chang watana in January to do my exstension based on marriage.

I have always done my 90 day report and my condo owner reported me when I moved in last year. 

Immigration has always looked at my 90 day report slip. Are they going to be asking for a tm30? If so is there something my condo owner should give me? 

I always keep my 90 day report in my passport but I have been reading about having to keep a tm30 also. 

Chaeng Wattana immigration has not been enforcing the TM30 report requirement.

If you your landlord reported you to immigration they will have a record of it they can check their records for it. You don't have to have a slip in your passport to prove it.

I need to do my first 90 day report this next week and am confused a little as to what I need to take. Online information suggests just my passport, and fill in the form there. Thailand awareness says take everything in triplicate (with extra copies) from birth certificate onward for both me and my wife.

A word to the wise would be helpful though. Can anyone list an authoritative list of documents to be presented in order to do this?

This is for Pathum Thani immigration.

Thanks

29 minutes ago, bobnuts said:

I need to do my first 90 day report this next week and am confused a little as to what I need to take. Online information suggests just my passport, and fill in the form there. Thailand awareness says take everything in triplicate (with extra copies) from birth certificate onward for both me and my wife.

A word to the wise would be helpful though. Can anyone list an authoritative list of documents to be presented in order to do this?

Thanks

Here in Phitsanulok...........Passport only, no form.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, keithet said:

I will be going to chang watana in January to do my exstension based on marriage.

I have always done my 90 day report and my condo owner reported me when I moved in last year. 

Immigration has always looked at my 90 day report slip. Are they going to be asking for a tm30? If so is there something my condo owner should give me? 

I always keep my 90 day report in my passport but I have been reading about having to keep a tm30 also. 

There was a report recently of CW wanting a TM.30 for an extension application. It would be wise to take one with you completed by the condo owner, with a copy of their ID/Tabian Baan. Saves a second trip if it gets asked for. At the very least I would take the receipt from the landlords original report.

Whenever a TM.30 or TM.47 (90 day report) is made it is worth keeping the receipt with your passport. You never know when either will be asked for.

• Like 2

So after making this post I found out that my condo owner didn't do a tm30 and then said the condo management should of which I believe is not their responsibility. 

What is next? I have been doing my 90 day report for this address since June 2017 and 1 exstension while living here. 

What will happen if she tries to file now, 17 months late? 

3 minutes ago, keithet said:

So after making this post I found out that my condo owner didn't do a tm30 and then said the condo management should of which I believe is not their responsibility. 

What is next? I have been doing my 90 day report for this address since June 2017 and 1 exstension while living here. 

The condo that I live at put a anouncment from immigration that owners need to register foreigners.  My wife took a picture of the anouncment and asked the condo owner and she said she never new. 

5 minutes ago, keithet said:

I don't think many condo owners submit TM30s in Bangkok, and as, currently, Immigration at Chaengwattana do not ask for one, I'd forget about it.  I'm doing my Extension next week and in 14 years I've never been asked for a TM30 receipt.  I would imagine if this were to change there would be a lot of publicity!

Just now, keithet said:

The condo that I live at put a anouncment from immigration that owners need to register foreigners.  My wife took a picture of the anouncment and asked the condo owner and she said she never new. 

That is interesting.  Do you have a photo of the notice?

4 hours ago, keithet said:

Immigrantion will probably accept a TM.30 completed by the condo management, but would want a copy of the owners ID/Tabian Baan.

IMO there’s no need to file one now. Just give one if asked when applying to extend.

Since the Bangkok bombing some immigration offices have been using the TM.30 as a form of proof/confirmation of address when people apply for extensions. That applies even if a TM.30 was submitted on arrival.

CW do not seem to be retrospectively fining people that haven’t reported their guest on arrival. If they do it should only be 2,000 baht. No consequences beyond that.

Thanks for the info. Don't know about this condo stuff. I bought my wife a house, me and the kids get to live in it too. Guess the blue book should be fine. So with that and copy of wife's ID card, copies of every passport page, TM6 etc hopefully I didn't forget anything.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Since I started this post my wife and I have been trying to talk to our condo owner about the tm30. I'm not sure if it will be necessary to have for my exstension at chang watana but I want to be prepared and not have to make a second trip. 

The condo owner didn't do the tm30 and does not want to because of fine I guess. 

What would happen if imagration asks for it? All I have from condo owner is lease contract and copy of her thai id. That is all she is willing to give to me. 

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, elviajero said:

There was a report recently of CW wanting a TM.30 for an extension application. It would be wise to take one with you completed by the condo owner, with a copy of their ID/Tabian Baan. Saves a second trip if it gets asked for. At the very least I would take the receipt from the landlords original report.

Whenever a TM.30 or TM.47 (90 day report) is made it is worth keeping the receipt with your passport. You never know when either will be asked for.

Very Good advise.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 5:01 PM, elviajero said:

Very Good advise and information.

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 12:04 PM, bobnuts said:

Thanks

I was at Pathum Thani Immigration last WEEK FOR 90 DAY REPORT.. They only check; Passport AND COPY OF MY LAST 90 REPORT.

10 minutes ago, moontang said:

In Udon, no copies, just checked my passport, but did look at TM30 and told me to get original for extension,,,quite easy.

Not easy for me because condo owner didn't do tm30 and doesn't want to do because of fine I guess. 

I did Retirement visa extension  , re-entry permit and 90 day reporting today at Samut Prakan.

I have done 90 day reporting before but my last 90 days is based off a trip to the UK in August. I've rented  in the same condo in Samut Prakan for 4 years.

On applying for the visa extension they asked why my owner had not reported my address in August. I said probably because I don't talk to her much - I sign a one year rental agreement and I don't tell her when i travel i.  

Initially it was a bit aggressive, why wasn't i doing what everyone else did etc.    There was much discussion and several phone calls.  Then  they asked to talk to my owner which was a fairly lengthy discussion. I don't know what was said. After the discussion they gave me my visa extension  and said that it was all ok.  I didn't have to pay anything for the address reporting. I asked for clarification but they basically told me to clear off. 

I got the re-entry permit without issue. 

When i reported the 90 days they told I had no address in the computer - why not? I said i didn't know. I report every year on Visa extension, and either every time I come into Thailand or every 90 days. 

Plus the visa extension guys just told me it was all OK.     

There was again a lot of discussion and phone calls. 

I showed the rental agreement and Internet and a bank bill bill which they used to update the record.  

She gave me a piece of paper which looks like an SQL search  from a database record and said i must keep it in my passport and present every 90 days or when i return from overseas. 

The record shows my name, passport number, visa type, dates, TM6 ID,  and presumably a lookup for my address.   

So now i have to keep TM6 or receipt of notification, and database record in my passport, 

I said if i fly out and back to Singapore six times next month do i have to come to Samut Prakan and report my address  six times. She said yes.

Can i do it at the airport? No. 

Does the owner have to come ? No. Only if you change address .

I asked for and they gave me a copy of the rules in English. However it doesn't say this in English. As far as i read it it says the owner must notify within 24 hours of alien moving in and  being given permission for stay in Kingdom.  

I would argue that my permission is the start of the 12 month Visa extension or even the original Visa and every time i move after.  Most sensibly it would be the term of the rental agreement.  

I assume Samut Prakan are reading it as address reporting must be done somewhere within 24 hours of issuing every  TM6.

What it does do is force me to go into the Samut Prakan office at least once every 90 days which may be the purpose.

Before If i travelled a lot I used to have to get my address certified by the UK embassy for a 90 day report or car licence because they didn't hold a recent police report.

I assume that Embassy certification letter will never be required again so perhaps the next announcement from the Embassies is they will no longer certify addresses as well as  incomes. 

11 hours ago, turgid said:

I assume Samut Prakan are reading it as address reporting must be done somewhere within 24 hours of issuing every  TM6. 

So it would seem.  Some offices only require you to re-file if you move - not each new TM-6.  Each office makes up its own rules - none of which are fully-consistent with the actual laws which are the basis of the TM-28 and TM-30.   The same office has been known to give different instructions to different people. 

The only way to deal with this, is to do what they are asking - hoping they get sick of processing your repeated TM-30 reports, and tell you not to bother for short-trips any more (as was reported at a different office).

4 hours ago, waterskier said:

Who is responsible for filing TM30 if the foreigner owns condo (12 years ownership and 14 years visa extension based on retirement)?  All conversation seems to address Thai landlords reporting foreigner presence at Thai owned property.

The foreigner.