Phoenix salvage team walks away from contract – police to take over

webfact

44 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

Had the money,can't do the job and done a runner..I think I've had a few mates in my village go through the same experience.i like the way they have cancelled the contract but that's thai contracts for you.the Chinese will be looking down even more on Thailand and it's a laughing stock to other countries.that boat would of been up in a couple of days in most countries.what a pathetic sham.

does it say they were paid? Can't see anything in the article... 

29 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

No result = should be no pay. That's the rule of salvage.

Ah but TIT where government funds are thrown at contracts as they all get a slice of the cake.take the lifeguard contract.i think it was 19 million baht and nothing to show for it.why it wasn't paid out monthly I can only put down to get rich quick Thai mentality and greed of tax payers money.

• Like 2

I could have predicted this outcome months ago, when they started to try to drag it into shallower water. Get a real salvage company with big air bags or forget it. They've already wasted more money than they will ever recover from an offshore company. I guess they'll hold the Thai woman in jail and take whatever assets they can find. 

Now the police are in charge of the salvage? On that's right, they have been in charge all along, so that should work! ???? 

4 hours ago, happy chappie said:

A Thai cowboy outfit like this would not be able to operate for nearly 3 months without funding.the contract was probably handed to a cousin of somchai.same sort of what the lifeguard contract was on Phuket beaches.

if contract is based on nepotism, cronyism or a bribe, at least give it to a competent company.

There's a couple of large barges currently in Thai waters, Songkla and the gulf of Thailand. Drag one of these round, sling it up, and nice and slowly lift and pump....... Robert's your fathers brother........ Had a mate on the Concordia job, he's in Thailand, give him a bell........ not after six though........

12 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

There's a couple of large barges currently in Thai waters, Songkla and the gulf of Thailand. Drag one of these round, sling it up, and nice and slowly lift and pump....... Robert's your fathers brother........ Had a mate on the Concordia job, he's in Thailand, give him a bell........ not after six though........

Lots of local knowledge available, just has to be used.

4 minutes ago, stevenl said:

Lots of local knowledge available, just has to be used.

I've just remembered, there's probably one of the most experienced salvage divers in Thailand who lives in Phuket..... ex SBS........ But i doubt they'll be calling him....... I think what with the cave job it would be too much loss of face......

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, SupermarineS6B said:

I've just remembered, there's probably one of the most experienced salvage divers in Thailand who lives in Phuket..... ex SBS........ But i doubt they'll be calling him....... I think what with the cave job it would be too much loss of face...…

Yes I believe that's the crux of the matter, as you (and stevenl) have said...……….corruption and incompetence coupled with "loss of face" prevail. 

However par for course here so we shouldn't really be surprised.

• Like 2