Cancelling name on electricity bill

Indya

Hello!

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum,, i wasn't sure where to post.

I have just moved out of a condo and need to remove my name from the electricity bills. I usually just pay through my banking app each month so have no idea how to remove my name from the bills.

When I first took over the apartment an agency was dealing with it, but they then left leaving it with the owners. I ended the contract abruptly, so the owners are none too pleased and unwilling to assist (despite retaining a nice 2 months deposit for the hassle) so I'm a little stuck.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Been there.  Done that!

You need to open a new contract with the usual deposit.  The property will be surveyed even though a meter has been previously installed.  The PEA have Direct Debit forms for your bank.  The old contract will lapse after having no payment for a while.  That's about it.  Pain in the a*se but you have to follow their rules.

I thought just changing the name would be simple.  TIT!

In some locations it can be paid by internet banking, e.e.g Bills from the MEA (Metropolitan Electricity authority - Bangkok) but we tried it for Chiang Mai (part of the PEA - Provincial Electricity Authority) and they said Bkk yes, other locations not yet.  

On 11/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, scorecard said:

In some locations it can be paid by internet banking, e.e.g Bills from the MEA (Metropolitan Electricity authority - Bangkok) but we tried it for Chiang Mai (part of the PEA - Provincial Electricity Authority) and they said Bkk yes, other locations not yet.  

Humm. If you have gone over to the slips with a barcode on them then certainly in Udon Thani province it is possible and quite easy (once it's been setup). I've been paying 3 bills using the PEA Smart Plus app and internet banking on my iPad for about 3 or 4 months now.

sample bill

IMG_5632.thumb.PNG.3a9dc87ee75aa241097652fd5e7a587d.PNG

There is also a handy calculator built in

IMG_5631.thumb.PNG.c4aab7716c6fc4e6f78872ac2ceb8108.PNG

Edited by sometimewoodworker
Added time

On 11/10/2018 at 5:03 PM, scorecard said:

There's a whole thread about paying PEA online. If you have their App you don't even need the bill.