Twelve members of Chinese loan shark gang arrested in Pattaya

webfact

Twelve members of Chinese loan shark gang arrested in Pattaya

6pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Police from several station in the Pattaya area descended on two houses in the Garden Ville 2 estate in Huay Yai yesterday after a tip that Chinese people were running an online loan sharking business. 

Twelve Chinese nationals were arrested - five at house number 47/27 and a further seven at 47/17 three hundred meters away.

The Chinese staff were paid 20,000 baht a month.

The properties were rented for 40,000 baht a month. 

Interest rates of 30% were charged to people living in China. 

Jang Seu, 34, was managing the operation and said he came into the kingdom on a tourist visa.

The raid was led by Nong Prue station chief Pol Col Chitdecha Songhong in collaboration with Huay Yai, Pattaya and Bang Lamung officers armed with search warrants.

Pol Col Chitdecha said that they were grateful for a tip from a member of the public who had noticed that the Chinese people were not leaving the property and were acting suspiciously. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-09

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, timendres said:

I didn't realize "muscle" could be outsourced. The world really is changing.

Don't need muscle to be a loan shark in China, you just need to get hold of somebody's i.d. People pawn their i.d. Without i.d. in China you become a non-person, nothing is possible. The loan shark company uses their i.d. to set up illegal businesses. The debtor never gets their i.d. back not matter how much they pay.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Redline said:

Do not upset the Chinese-they are the only eggs in the basket!

The Chinese are desperate to get their money, themselves and their kids out of China.  Thailand is close, cheap and easy.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Briggsy said:

Don't need muscle to be a loan shark in China, you just need to get hold of somebody's i.d. People pawn their i.d. Without i.d. in China you become a non-person, nothing is possible. The loan shark company uses their i.d. to set up illegal businesses. The debtor never gets their i.d. back not matter how much they pay.

Good lord! Sounds like something out of a dystopian future movie.

On 11/9/2018 at 7:42 PM, observer90210 said:

Will they also benefit from a free express VIP lane, at Airport Departure, when being deported from Thailand ?

So much for the "quality people", that Thailand is wooing !!

Give them time to work out their differences and settle on an acceptable level of solution.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:55 AM, Nowisee said:

The Chinese are desperate to get their money, themselves and their kids out of China.  Thailand is close, cheap and easy.  

And corrupt to boot. Chinese know very well how well donations can oil the thai machinery. 

• Like 1