Baht/euro Exchange-rates

anyone noticed the difference in exchange rate of the baht when get it from atm in thailand with foreign atm card/account and when you change cash euro in thailand? (1euro atm=43bht/1euro cash=46bht) interesting is the last days every day from 9 till 11:45am thai time, international rate goes up to almost 47bht for 1euro, and go down again to 43bht........(yahoo exchange rates)

anyone can explain?

anyone noticed the difference in exchange rate of the baht when get it from atm in thailand with foreign atm card/account and when you change cash euro in thailand? (1euro atm=43bht/1euro cash=46bht) interesting is the last days every day from 9 till 11:45am thai time, international rate goes up to almost 47bht for 1euro, and go down again to 43bht........(yahoo exchange rates)

anyone can explain?

Just read the rest of the forum re. Exchange controls and onshore vs. offshore rates... :o

or any post started by Topfield... :D

I believe Basil Brush had a saying for such matters... :D

imfamiliar withallthat, but since jan it started to be a bigger difference.more than6%

PM topfield.

He is the resident genius :o when it comes to exchange rates.

He will give you the reason in no less than 5000 words.

He will tell you when and where to change you money allowing you to make some phenomenal savings, sometimes as much as 0.005%

PM topfield.

He is the resident genius :o when it comes to exchange rates.

He will give you the reason in no less than 5000 words.

He will tell you when and where to change you money allowing you to make some phenomenal savings, sometimes as much as 0.005%

To mock Topfield is unfair.

Because... the problem is real, still there, and won't go away...

Check out the last... concern of our Great Doctor Tarisa, BOT boss.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106779

Again, she's running behind the consequences of her decisions and... the uggly speculators. One month ago it was "London's calling" to curb incoming money. Now... the new problem is money coming out...

Some TV members said that such a large difference between on and offshores would be an issue.

Here we go.

• 2 weeks later...

OK folks...the Xmas gift bonus from the BOT appears to be coming to an end. You probably have only until the end of the week to get your onshore baht cheap at super discounted prices.

Ignore the 70 per pound on todays TV exchange rate list. Banks here are today paying less than 69 for travellers cheques. The rates of offshore/onshore are coverging fast. From the 35.75 to the dollar last week now down to 35.25.

As everyone was informed on this forum, this once in a lifetime gift of 4/5 baht on every pound we brought to Thailand could not last.

We still have around one baht per dollar or around 2 baht per pound of premium remaining.

Act fast or you will lose out ......possibly forever.

Unless there is some major catastrophe with ,blood on the streets or Dubya sends his jets in to bomb Iran we are unlikely to see the current rates again for a very long time.

Just as old-timers love to tell their tales of how they got 100 baht to the pound in '98...a myth anyway as the highest rate the pound closed was 92 and that was for one day only,.... in future years stories it may be tales will be told how we once got /or could have got 70 baht for our pound !

OK folks...the Xmas gift bonus from the BOT appears to be coming to an end. You probably have only until the end of the week to get your onshore baht cheap at super discounted prices.

Ignore the 70 per pound on todays TV exchange rate list. Banks here are today paying less than 69 for travellers cheques. The rates of offshore/onshore are coverging fast. From the 35.75 to the dollar last week now down to 35.25.

As everyone was informed on this forum, this once in a lifetime gift of 4/5 baht on every pound we brought to Thailand could not last.

We still have around one baht per dollar or around 2 baht per pound of premium remaining.

Unless there is some major catastrophe with ,blood on the streets or Dubya sends his jets in to bomb Iran we are unlikely to see the current rates again for a very long time.

Just as old-timers love to tell their tales of how they got 100 baht to the pound in '98...a myth anyway as the highest rate the pound closed was 92 and that was for one day only,.... in future years stories it may be tales will be told how we once got /or could have got 70 baht for our pound !

So what is the current note exchange rate at Super Rich etc..?

I am travelling UK to BKK midweek and am planning the dosh transfers, so would appriciate a rate quote monday(pm)/tuesday, if someone would be so kind...

UK...dosh transfers...rate quote monday(pm)/Tuesday

If you are transferring GBP, which will give you the better onshore rate in Thailand, the rate depends on the Thai bank to which you make the transfer. See the following links for two banks, as examples:

Bangkok Bank: 1 March 09:15 69.2675

Siam Commercial Bank: 1 March 13:11 69.27875

If your Thai bank has a website, look up their rate.

--

Maestro

I noticed the strange thing as well after reading this post,thanks for letting me know.

So what I understand now is that only in the morning I can have the normal exchange rates?

Or after 9 o'Clock in the evening till 11.45 in the morning??

I find this very annoying ,they should say the rate(euro) is not at 46 but at 43 !!! :o

I noticed the strange thing as well after reading this post,thanks for letting me know.

So what I understand now is that only in the morning I can have the normal exchange rates?

I find this very annoying ,they should say the rate(euro) is not at 46 but at 43 !!! :o

No the onshore rate is 24 hours here in Thailand. Public financial exchange rate web sites usually quote the offshore rate ..but not always..its a big mess ..currently 6pm Thai time Bloomberg is giving the offshore rate and Yahoo Finance the onshore rate !!

In fact with a new Finance Minister coming in next week the whole picture could change again with there being just one low rate for our euro, pounds etc...nobody knows

So what is the current note exchange rate at Super Rich etc..?

Reply : Current rate at Super rich 68,70/68.80. True onshore rate 69 exactly for a combination of factors the pound down against the dollar....1.9517 a few moments ago and the premium we enjoy over the offshore rate diminishing by the day...just today the premium cut by half a percent.

I am travelling UK to BKK midweek and am planning the dosh transfers, so would appriciate a rate quote monday(pm)/tuesday, if someone would be so kind...

God only knows what the rate will be next week as new Finance Minister starts his job then. He could up the premium or...could cut it completely with a stroke of the pen !!

No the onshore rate is 24 hours here in Thailand. Public financial exchange rate web sites usually quote the offshore rate ..but not always..its a big mess ..currently 6pm Thai time Bloomberg is giving the offshore rate and Yahoo Finance the onshore rate !!

In fact with a new Finance Minister coming in next week the whole picture could change again with there being just one low rate for our euro, pounds etc...nobody knows

Wow,this is a big thing right now,it makes a big difference,thanks Topfield for your reply to me,seems I start to understand a bit......But(maybe stupid question)if I do a money transfer from my bank ofshore to my thaibank,does this make any difference?Or still the same story?I appreciate any answer...Thanks.