LINE voice call echo - cause?

punchandjudy

Good evening Bangkokians,

How many of you also get a very frustrating echo of your own voice when in a LINE voice call?

I am wondering what the specific cause is?

"Bad signal" is fair enough but is there a particular reason for echo? As bad signal you would think would cause the call to cut out, not echo.

Thanks.

Very funny Cadbury but I was told that it is due to the person on the other end using speaker. Your voice is delayed slightly and then picked up by the other's mic.

I really don't understand people listening on loudspeaker -- first it is not private and hard to hear from  ambient noises. Far better to use a 'small talk' where you can hear clearly and your voice is clearer from the smalltalk mic. and you don't have to shout to make yourself heard at the other end.

Edited by Patanawet
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/11/2018 at 1:46 PM, Patanawet said:

Very funny Cadbury but I was told that it is due to the person on the other end using speaker. Your voice is delayed slightly and then picked up by the other's mic.

I really don't understand people listening on loudspeaker -- first it is not private and hard to hear from  ambient noises. Far better to use a 'small talk' where you can hear clearly and your voice is clearer from the smalltalk mic. and you don't have to shout to make yourself heard at the other end.

Patanawet I have also heard that speakerphone leads to echo but never knew the reason, your explanation sounds good. I also don't understand why so many here like to use a smalltalk with earphones.

In the UK people tend to hold their mobile phone to their ear whilst talking :)

• Like 1