Where to spend New Year’s Eve

Billpro785

I remember one on Samui where our resort had a mandatory buffetparty for 2000 pp that night...there were very long qeueu's for the buffet and when i finally was at the steak department they had run out of meat.

Some Indians started arguing because there was no vegetarian food for them, the police had to come, the katoys starting singing and that was it. Then it was midnight, a little firework from some other guests who burned my shirt with it.

If you stay/go in BKK it's very hard to get home since all taxi's are full after midnight.

It's not easy to find a good party...i think i'll stay with the neighbours..

On 11/11/2018 at 12:38 AM, Thian said:

I remember one on Samui where our resort had a mandatory buffetparty for 2000 pp that night...there were very long qeueu's for the buffet and when i finally was at the steak department they had run out of meat.

Some Indians started arguing because there was no vegetarian food for them, the police had to come, the katoys starting singing and that was it. Then it was midnight, a little firework from some other guests who burned my shirt with it.

If you stay/go in BKK it's very hard to get home since all taxi's are full after midnight.

It's not easy to find a good party...i think i'll stay with the neighbours..

This confirms my long time habit of staying home after 9 pm... 

Not that I am recommending visiting Pattaya, but one of the best NYE's I spent was at a Vietnamese restaurant on top of the Pratumnak Hill condominium. The buffet meal was very good and the 360 degree views of Pattaya and Jomtien fireworks was amazing.

Book early as they are very popular.

They made a special effort as my wife was feeling ill, they made cow tom for her and allowed me a bottle of wine in lieu of her meal ticket. Excellent service IMO, but not cheap!

Party the whole year all around...for sure !!...but on New Year's Eve, much better to party at home with friends, neighbours and not venture out. RIpoff prices, no public transport available, police extorsion road blocks all over, the cutest pussies are already booked in clubs, all the local or farang drunks with no gals looking for fights........really not worth the hassle....IMHO....

11 hours ago, kenk24 said:

This confirms my long time habit of staying home after 9 pm... 

i generally make a point of stay home new years eve and Christmas eve, theirs too many tourist, too many drunks, too much trouble every day is like new years eve for me.

22 minutes ago, catman20 said:

i generally make a point of stay home new years eve and Christmas eve, theirs too many tourist, too many drunks, too much trouble every day is like new years eve for me.

The beauty of retirement, not having a schedule and so you can go out when others are at work... and stay home when they drunk drive the roads... enjoy. 

Archived