PM Says TV Show Running By Mr. Sondhi Will Publicize Works Of Government

Jai Dee

PM says TV show running by Mr. Sondhi will publicize works of government

Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont said the “Time to Guard the Country” programme of media mogul Sondhi Limthongkul on Channel 11 will assertively publicize the works of the government. However, he denied that the show, also known in Thai as “Yam Phao Phan Din”, is aimed to counter the movements of deposed Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra.

Gen. Surayud said he watched the programme and considered that it is normal for people to agree or disagree of others’ perspectives. However, he said the government is trying to stay in the middle to prevent the society from disuniting. He said further that if the programme has a tendency to cause social disunity, then the government would take this issue into consideration.

The Prime Minister said the government has already considered the case where Mr. Sondhi and Pol. Lt. Col. Thaksin are in conflict, but he believes that Mr. Sondhi knows the suitable way to present the show. He believes the show would not create problems and it is normal for people to change their thoughts and ideas.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 16 Febuary 2007

Yes, Yes. The man most responsible for (if you ask his supporters) Toxin's downfall now takes his first tentative steps into the spotlight.....perhaps we will see a star being born!!!!!! Let's face it. The military dicatatorship we have in Thailand today owes alot to this man....he gave them the pretext they needed to take over directly since they were having trouble exerting their contol from behind the scenes when Toxin was in power. There is a certain Khun P. from Nong Khai who will probably see his future brighten too.

P.S. My 6th grade education only Thai wife just came home and I told her that the gov't is going to hire someone to spread the news about what the gov't wants to do...and I asked her if she can guess who it was.....she got it right....its no surprise to people up north...even the supposedly uninformed northern voters whose votes have been cast aside.

Chownah

Edited by chownah

Well Thaksin had Samak cheerleading him on the airwaves so I am not surprised to see this government have Sondhi. After all everything is about marketing and propoganda. It was under Thaksin and so it remains now.

Yeah, great to see the reform happening before our eyes :o

Well Thaksin had Samak cheerleading him on the airwaves so I am not surprised to see this government have Sondhi. After all everything is about marketing and propoganda. It was under Thaksin and so it remains now.

Goodness me...wrong wrong wrong.

Clearly you have not been viewing Sontee's tv progs on ASTV and now Ch 11 or reading the Manager !

A spokesman for the government ? Nonsense. Rai Sara as they say bin Thai

His criticism of the government and ministers is devastating.

Did you not hear his accusations against Tevakun the Finance Minister demanding he resign ...thats just one example.

Did you not hear his threat to restart demonstrations if the coup leaders do not step down as they had promised.

Sorry but your 6th grade wife should study and read whats going on in Thai politics before claiming Sontee is a pawn of the coup leaders.

PM finds nothing wrong with Sondhi's talk show

Prime Minister Surayud Chulanont dismissed speculation that the state-run Channel 11 aired a talk-show programme by media tycoon Sondhi Limthongkul as a pretext to discredit ousted premier Thaksin Shinawatra.

"The government has opted for proactive publicity as there is no need to rebut [Thaksin]," he said.

He said it was his government's policy to allow air time for various views. He also stated his government would try to ensure that Sondhi's programme did not spiral out of control so as to inflame social divisions.

"I have watched the programme and saw nothing inappropriate," he said, refer-ring to concern that Sondhi would exploit his air time for a vengeful attack on the ousted government.

The Prachakorn Thai Party filed a petition with the Prime Minister's Office demanding the removal of the programme on the grounds that Sondhi was trying to drive a wedge into society.

Source: The Nation - 17 February 2007

Mr Sondhi is a nationalistic gobshite of the highest order, who just seems to like the sound of of his own voice. He also seems to want to be the next Thaksin, and spouts a lot of nonsense seemingly just for the reaction and attention it gets him.

What is his real motivation ? :o

Clearly you have not been viewing Sontee's tv progs on ASTV and now Ch 11 or reading the Manager !

Did you not hear his accusations against Tevakun the Finance Minister demanding he resign ...thats just one example.

Did you not hear his threat to restart demonstrations if the coup leaders do not step down as they had promised.

Sorry but your 6th grade wife should study and read whats going on in Thai politics before claiming Sontee is a pawn of the coup leaders.

My my my.....you really need to read my posts more carefully and then you would see who claimed what! And as to who is the pawn of what....time should make this clearer....I think you have jumped to a premature conclusion based on what?....a few snippets of a Thai news show and commentary taicoon's rantings/posturings/self-positionings?

Chownah

Edited by chownah

And one of the horrendous crimes of Thaksin, his domination of the airwaves and media, is all ok now so long as its Sondhi in the seat?

All cannot be going as planned for the coup leaders or they wouldn't need all these press releases etc. Its a constant stream of Nationalist rant from them these days.

The only light relief comes from the Ministry of Culture and Rose Tinted Spectacles. Surely the worlds most comic Ministry. I'd like to see the budget of the entire minsitry if anybody can provide it? Should shock a few Thais!

Sonthi L.'s domination of the airwaves? :o

Channel 11 rebroadcasts ASTV's programming for one hour nightly. The one and only tv station doing so as far as I know. How many other public channels does that leave? People can still switch to other channels and turn their brains to mush with the ever present evening cr@ppy programming.

Sonthi L. is as critical of the interim govt. as he is of Thaksin and his remaining supporters. A watchdog barks at anything that moves suspiciously.

Are some of you going cold turkey over the disappearance of Thaksin's monopolizing Saturday morning propaganda and lie filled radio show slot where no other parties were allowed to express themselves?

Edited by Tony Clifton

Are some of you going cold turkey over the disappearance of Thaksin's monopolizing Saturday morning propaganda and lie filled radio show slot where no other parties were allowed to express themselves?

Some of us are just tired of gov't propoganda run media and media being run for personal grudges and personal gain. Some of us just want unbiased journalism....clearly we didn't get much of that under Toxin and it seems like we won't be getting much of it now.

While the coup may be having an veritable orgy of group sex in their spacious bed, Thaksin is left to masturbate by himself in the closet.

Well, not completely alone- there seems to be a lot of people who are fixated on his every stroke. Including those at the orgy.

While the coup may be having an veritable orgy of group sex in their spacious bed, Thaksin is left to masturbate by himself in the closet.

Well, not completely alone- there seems to be a lot of people who are fixated on his every stroke. Including those at the orgy.

:o:cheesy::D

I give you a big Plus for this post!!!!

:D:cheesy::D

Sonthi L.'s domination of the airwaves? :o

Channel 11 rebroadcasts ASTV's programming for one hour nightly. The one and only tv station doing so as far as I know. How many other public channels does that leave? People can still switch to other channels and turn their brains to mush with the ever present evening cr@ppy programming.

Sonthi L. is as critical of the interim govt. as he is of Thaksin and his remaining supporters. A watchdog barks at anything that moves suspiciously.

Anyway, it's Sondhi L the bankrupt, and the other star in the looney tune movie is Sonthi B, the General.

My my my.....you really need to read my posts more carefully and then you would see who claimed what! And as to who is the pawn of what....time should make this clearer....I think you have jumped to a premature conclusion based on what?....a few snippets of a Thai news show and commentary taicoon's rantings/posturings/self-positionings?

Chownah

Sontee who I met in London at SOAS after his talk at the university in September has NO politicaL ambitions.

No snippets my friend....we watch his program every single week day at 8.30pm at many progs at the weekend.

His views are independant and in no way reflect those of the government which he is criticising continually.

He is extremely influential ..hence his prog now shown on Channel 11.

He is in a closet by himself...in another "house" even...

away from all the action including any action he could get from the hot, sexy significant other of his.

Things will get interesting only if decides to come over to the main house... but I think he won't like the kind of rear action that awaits him there, so he may prefer to simply fiddle with his little self over in that foreign house.

Mr Sondhi is a nationalistic gobshite of the highest order, who just seems to like the sound of of his own voice. He also seems to want to be the next Thaksin, and spouts a lot of nonsense seemingly just for the reaction and attention it gets him.

What is his real motivation ? :o

McDonald Cheesburgers

He is in a closet by himself...in another "house" even...

away from all the action including any action he could get from the hot, sexy significant other of his.

Things will get interesting only if decides to come over to the main house... but I think he won't like the kind of rear action that awaits him there, so he may prefer to simply fiddle with his little self over in that foreign house.

:o

PRD head to assess a show run by Mr. Sondhi and commented on PTV

The director-general of the Public Relations Department (PRD), Mr. Pramoj Ratavinij, is evaluating media mogul Sondhi Limthongkul’s new talk show on government-run Channel 11 after it has been aired for the past two weeks. Mr. Pramoj said if the responses of the show are disappointing, there would be some adjustments since no binding agreement between the PRD and Mr. Sondhi has been made.

Mr. Pramoj also commented on PTV, a new television channel being operated by the former members of Thai Rak Thai Party, saying the channel could not be aired. However, the former Thai Rak Thai members may have to be invited to give further explanations if the station continues to run.

Mr. Pramoj said PTV and ASTV cases cannot be compared since ASTV is temporarily under the court’s custody.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 20 Febuary 2007