Edible Pizza

Nyezhov

5 minutes ago, camble said:

Prawns, mussels, and calamari. Had oysters at Nana Plaza. ????

Well how was it? How was the cheese? The sauce? the crust? Do they have real peoperoni there? Looks almost like a NY Pizza, the only real pizza there is.

2 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well how was it? How was the cheese? The sauce? the crust? Do they have real peoperoni there? Looks almost like a NY Pizza, the only real pizza there is.

It was good for the price.  Not a lot of cheese or sauce, I think I prefer Lemoncello but they were pricier.  

4 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

oh?

Chicago style deep pan

Its OK but its 2nd City Wannabe. ????✌ The Italians in Chicago all came from NY anyway and got corrupted ????

Edited by Nyezhov
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, camble said:

It was good for the price.  Not a lot of cheese or sauce, I think I prefer Lemoncello but they were pricier.  

Google ratings are lower at Limoncello. Guess I will have to do both to give the definitive word.

9 minutes ago, camble said:

You can get a full service massage next door at Vesuvio

Oh I know the area well ????

How long? 45 minutes? Great, Ill be back.

Since my photo day again got screwed up by the weather and Ive been stuck trying to find 200 missing pictures, guess its gonna be *ahem* pizza night once this blows through  ????

Here's a slice of Italian Sausage (left, 120 baht) and a slice of Brie and Speck (right, 130 baht) from Pala Romano.  What's impressive is the abundant amount of imported cheese.  If you can score these two slices for half-price, i.e. 125 baht for both, it's a major coup.  I'm glad I live near Asoke intersection.

45955861851_c6e47df96d_o.jpg

4 minutes ago, camble said:

Here's a slice of Italian Sausage (left, 120 baht) and a slice of Brie and Speck (right, 130 baht) from Pala Romano.  What's impressive is the abundant amount of imported cheese.  If you can score these two slices for half-price, i.e. 125 baht for both, it's a major coup.  I'm glad I live near Asoke intersection.

45955861851_c6e47df96d_o.jpg

I had vesuvio tonight. Not bad at all.

• 2 months later...

I know everyone loves to talk smack about it, but Pizza Company is not that bad.

If you think it inedible, perhaps you haven’t been here long enough...

The thin-crust pepperoni is really not bad, and the salads are pretty good.

Have to ask for the Parmigian as they keep it in the ‘fridge...

On 11/12/2018 at 11:45 PM, Nyezhov said:

Yes, I have tried Pala, its good but it kills me to spend $10 on two small slices of pizza. I can get a whole pie back home for that, although Pala crust was superb and the cheese real. Sauce was a little bland.

I make my own.

90 minutes to mix and ferment the dough in my bread machine, finely chop a fresh tomato for the sauce, frozen shredded mozerrella cheese from Makro on top of that, then add toppings.

Today I'll be having diced bell peppers and roast pork cubes on mine.

Cost 20-30bht for an 8" pizza.

$10 for two small slices, you've gotta be joking!

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1

I bought a 3 pack of basic frozen pizza at big C (I chose Mexican) then pimped them.

I got shitake mushroom., Salami, ham, black olives, tomatoes paste.

Add to your liking.

I've got a grill microwave. I preheat grill and grill the top for 10 minutes or so.

Bottom?

I put some oil in a pan and fry that up real hot and sizzle the bottom crispy first before grilling.

Cheapest, best topping you'll get.

March should be buy 1 get 1 free at pizza company. I only bother with that for buying complete decent pizza. Although topping quality has dropped over time.

I make my own.
90 minutes to mix and ferment the dough in my bread machine, finely chop a fresh tomato for the sauce, frozen shredded mozerrella cheese from Makro on top of that, then add toppings.

Today I'll be having diced bell peppers and roast pork cubes on mine.
Cost 20-30bht for an 8" pizza.

$10 for two small slices, you've gotta be joking!

You can cut up the dough and freeze it (pre rise) and save yourself an hour

1 hour ago, lust said:

Pizza company...

Australians probably would say pizza company better than NY pizza. Different in each country I guess.

Then Dominoes, but dominoes in Oz is different.

I think the things that make the desired pizza is the dough recipe and also the oven.

I can't fit an oven in my small condo, but I can try different dough. Share your dough recipe and country.  I'll tell you my secrets if you tell me yours.

4 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Australians probably would say pizza company better than NY pizza. Different in each country I guess.

:thumbsup:

And for me pizza is Napoli (Naples) style, thin, hard crust from the woodfire oven.

All else is ... well, edible or not.

In Pattaya the "Bronx" came close.

Bronx sounds very NY :biggrin:

Edited by KhunBENQ

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:45 PM, Nyezhov said:

Today, feeling a yen and hungry after a long afternoon in the Photo Stores at Fortune Town (that seems to be the place to go for those Photo oddball things),  and passing a Yamazaki in the BTS, I walked in and found pizza at 28b a small slice. I like their hot dog rolls and suchlike, but never saw pizza, or just missed it. Anyway, took two slices home and nuked it just now and gentlemen, its edible. Total Japanese style with probably ersatz cheese and very sweet sauce, small bits of ham, thin yet soggy crust (hey I nuked it, OK) but it fills that hole for $2.00 and would be perfect to soak up booze. Of course they arent open late but I think I will buy a slice or two at my local Yamazaki before I go out next time to have on the stash for that 4am booze counteracting stomach fill.

Have you got a death wish? In order to save a life, can the mods close this thread please?

• Haha 1