Information from Ratchaburi Immigration on Income

Today I was at the Ratchaburi Immigration doing a 90-day report and asked about what I can use to show I transfer more than 65,000 baht a month into my Thai Bank Account.   First off they did not know that the American and British Embassies were not issuing Income Letters after 1 Jan 19.   I ask how can I show that I transfer 65,000 baht or more to Thailand each month.  I showed them my bank book with the transfers each month.  Their answer was you need a letter from your Embassy to show you transfer 65,000 or more into your Thai Bank or you need 800,000 baht in the bank along with a certificate from the bank.   I was getting nowhere so I said maybe I have to wait to see if immigrations change anything or I just need the 800,000 in the bank when my extension of stay for retirement is due.

To who it may concern.   I couldn't find the other article on this so please transfer to the topic if you want.

So far, no one has confirmed that they have actually ever used the monthly income method without the income letter. Just as I suspected, TI doesn't allow the monthly income method unless you provide the income letters. So, we may have to wait until July 2019 when the income letters are no longer valid to see what methods they will accept unless they make an official announcement before then. Anything else is just speculation, conjecture or hearsay.

• Like 2

i sppose us, british, oz citizens being in receipt of old age state pension receive every year an official letter from their home country about their pension rising ??? hence if so i guess this official letter would be duy stamped by their embassies or consulates in los and thereafter being presented at immi ???

wbr

roobaa01

2 hours ago, JohnnyBD said:

So, we may have to wait until July 2019 when the income letters are no longer valid to see what methods they will accept unless they make an official announcement before then.

In practice, those of us like myself whose next annual retirement extension application is due that month can only wait until April 2019 at the very latest in view of the seasoning requirement for the 800k bank balance method.