Need your input for new bike

Recently my wife had a small accident on Her Yamaha Aerox and broke some ribs. Since then she’s a lot more skittish riding the bike, especially if the road conditions change. It seems it’s a bit too high for her as well.  

I am riding an old beat up Honda click. It’s better for her but I want to get her something newer. 

I was thinking it needs to be easy n nom threatening to handle. Maneuvers well and must be a ‘walk through’ bike. Safety is the priority. So good breaking system etc is valued

I am thinking the Scoopy or the Filano. Or the Click or the Yammi equivalent. 

Any suggestions or input on these models?

My misses had a bingle on a wave years ago and was afraid to ride again.  I got her onto her sisters scoopie i and she felt comfortable again. That bike can balance on a dime,  but did sound like it rattled a bit from all the plastic addons.

Granddaughter (160 cm) has a "Scoopy i Club 12".

I have also tried it and really how much easier can a ride be?

Significantly better compared to our Honda Click from 2011.

Combi brake (automatic distribution of brake force), tubeless tires, LED light, idling stop.

Of course ignition cut on footrest down.

Mirrors could be better. If it was mine I would probably change them.

And I am not big/broad. Needs a test with your wife.

Yamaha Grand Filano would be my first , and only choice. Priced from 42K , with both hybrid energy recovery and true ABS , with twin disc brake options , unlike the Honda. Take her along to a Yamaha showroom and see how she feels sitting on it. Its compact , light , fuel efficient and has massive storage space under the seat. 

"especially if the road conditions change" - Buy Michelin city grip tyres. Good for commuting but also great in the wet.  

"I was thinking it needs to be easy n non threatening to handle" - Vespa scooters are the easiest bikes to handle.

"Maneuvers well and must be a ‘walk through’ bike. Safety is the priority" - Vespa has 11/12" wheels, meaning much better maneuverability in city traffic, as opposed to larger wheeled Honda/Yamaha bikes. All Vespas are step through, as opposed to Aerox/Nmax/PCX with step over tanks. Finally, all Vespa's are metal as opposed to all Hondas/Yamahas being plastic.

Vespa small frame models are the LX, Primavera & Sprint. The GTS is large frame and would be too big for her.

Both Vespa and Michelin are expensive brands, but you get what you pay for. 

On 11/13/2018 at 5:18 PM, ktm jeff said:

Yamaha Grand Filano would be my first , and only choice. Priced from 42K , with both hybrid energy recovery and true ABS , with twin disc brake options , unlike the Honda. Take her along to a Yamaha showroom and see how she feels sitting on it. Its compact , light , fuel efficient and has massive storage space under the seat. 

Good choice. Don't see how you can go wrong with a Click or the less powerful Moove. I would have suggested the Aerox was the best choice. Give her your Click and buy another Aerox. 

The Q-BIX is funky and cool , the Fino is cute. I like the option of ABS and hybrid power on the ( more expensive ) Filano. See what she fits on in a Yamaha showroom , and , most important , what she feels happy on. Please get a decent 1,000 Baht + helmet for her.

Im a Honda man and would buy the new 150i Click for me.

But the Filano with abs and twin disc brakes are a winner for a lady.

The Fino is the weapon of choice around here for locals , and theres nothing wrong with them.

And they are cheaper than the Filano.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived