Boats being banned in Phoenix salvage zone

webfact

Boats being banned in Phoenix salvage zone

By The Thaiger

S__4702219-1.jpg

The Phuket Marine office is warning boats to be careful when navigating around the area where the Phoenix salvage operations are underway of Koh Her, south-west of Phuket.

“The Phoenix salvage operations are underway until at least November 15 south off Koh Hei at 7º42’14.6″ North, 98º23’06.9″ East.”

The announcement states that, for the best chances of boat recovery and safety, all boats are being banned in a one nautical mile radius from the area, day and night. Boat captains must strictly follow officer’s advice in this matter.

Source: https://thethaiger.com/news/phuket/boats-being-banned-in-phoenix-salvage-zone

thtthaiger.png
-- © Copyright The Thaiger 2018-11-14

"The acting immigration chief, Maj Gen Surachete Hakparn, and representatives of the Chinese media are visiting the salvage site today."

I'm sure everyone will be on tenterhooks while the Chinese media are here.

"all boats are being banned in a one nautical mile radius from the area, day and night."

I'd guess little P is included in that ban too, while the Chinese media are around.

44 minutes ago, Oziex1 said:

After reading the Thaiger story I find once again BJ is being refered to as the acting head of immigration. Is this because his promotion is not yet official or is it referring to his acting in front of the camera crew, every day. 

Ha ha ha! Excellent cynicism there! I do like your thinking.

If there was a TV poll on the subject, judging from the piss-taking comments, I'm sure your latter option would win hands-down.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yup they will get it thes time professional surface supply diving no bubble butt scuba diving no boats within 1 mile is a good idea you would be amazed what a boats wake will do to a floating crane a tiny movement on deck translated out to the end of the boom can equate to several feet of movement good luck keep it safe!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Tug said:

Yup they will get it thes time professional surface supply diving no bubble butt scuba diving no boats within 1 mile is a good idea you would be amazed what a boats wake will do to a floating crane a tiny movement on deck translated out to the end of the boom can equate to several feet of movement good luck keep it safe!

Exactly correct. Never done a salvage recovery but mated jacket to deck with large crane a few times, plus many other marine operations with crane and precision lift. Need very perfect sea conditions.