Uk passport renewal question

My passport is 4 pages short of being full and I plan to be overseas a lot over the next year. I'm in the UK at present.

I'd like to replace my passport but can I do that if there is space remaining in the existing one?

I'd like to enter countries and get visas using a fresh passport.

I'd like a 48 page passport.

I'd like to know if all the above sounds doable and the process time for this?

I last renewed in 2016 and got a new passport within 10 days, standard processing via the post office.

If your passport has too few pages left for you to fulfil your travel plans then you need to get a new one.
I renewed on the internet last year and I was very impressed with the service, I took my own photo with the iPhone for example.
All the information is available on the net, make sure that you go through official channels which means ignoring the the first few sites recommended by Google.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I renewed on the internet last year and I was very impressed with the service, I took my own photo with the iPhone for example.
All the information is available on the net, make sure that you go through official channels which means ignoring the the first few sites recommended by Google.
But you can’t use that service if you live in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I'd like to replace my passport but can I do that if there is space remaining in the existing one?

You don't need any reason to apply for a new passport. They will issue a new if you do a application and pay the fee.

As others have said, absolutely no problem to get a new passport.

If you tell them that you usually fill your passport before expiry (not necessary to tell them) then they will suggest to you the option of having 2 passports but this requires a letter from your employer or company that you travel often for work. I don't know if that is possible for you to obtain.

OK chaps so how do you select a 48 page uk passport when going through post office route. I do not see an option on the application so does this need to be requested and paid for at point of handover to post office maybe? They say 3 weeks minimum at the post office but I did it before it arrived in 9 days and the assistant in PI did note that customers feedback suggested it was much quicker.

Renewed my UK passport on line in August this year,applied on Friday morning,and posted old passport same day to HMPO had new passport the following Thursday afternoon.Great service.As from September this year they no longer add up to 9 months from your previous unexpired passport. 

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

OK chaps so how do you select a 48 page uk passport when going through post office route. I do not see an option on the application so does this need to be requested and paid for at point of handover to post office maybe? They say 3 weeks minimum at the post office but I did it before it arrived in 9 days and the assistant in PI did note that customers feedback suggested it was much quicker.

I assume you tell them when you use the check and send service and pay the higher fee.https://www.gov.uk/how-the-post-office-check-and-send-service-works

6 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

The option is in section 1 of the application.

'If you want to pay for a 48 page passport, put an X in this box' directly underneath 'Changes to your existing passport'.

Earlier this year my daughter applied for a new PP through the Post office services.

Posted on a Tuesday, new passport received Thursday ……….. gobsmacked. 

• Like 1