Financial proof IS required for Non Immigrant 'O' (marriage) from London?

I will soon be applying for a Non Immigrant 'O' visa from London via post based on the fact I am married to a Thai. After checking previous forum posts, many people said that there is no need to send any proof of finances to them, although the London Embassy website says differently (http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html).

Anyway, I decided to email the embassy to see if it is required and this is the response I received (which is consistent with what's shown on their website as well):

'Dear Sir/Madam,

• For accompanying a Thai spouse : A copy of marriage certificate, a copy of Thai passport/a copy of Thai ID of spouse, and (3 months bank statement showing monthly income of more than £1,400.)
  • Single entry 50 GBP

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer'

They then sent a follow up email to remind me that a additional £10 postage fee is required.

Have things changed recently or is this officer mistaken? I am happy to send my bank statements although I am self employed and have irregular dates and amounts of payments into my account rather than a fixed monthly salary (I assume this won't be an issue - but any advice on this would also be useful).

Thanks in advance 

I’ve had two ME ‘O’ visas from there in the last couple of years without providing any financials.

If you ask they always say financials are required, but there are many, recent, reports from members successfully applying without.

There have been no recent changes, the financial requirement has been listed on the website for years.

1 hour ago, elviajero said:

I’ve had two ME ‘O’ visas from there in the last couple of years without providing any financials.

If you ask they always say financials are required, but there are many, recent, reports from members successfully applying without.

There have been no recent changes, the financial requirement has been listed on the website for years.

I've had two from there too over the same sort of time duration, nothing asked for, just the marriage cert and the fee

On applying for a Non Immigrant O-A visa at the Thai Embassy in London last month my original proof of pension income letters were not sufficient. I was required to show bank statements showing the income receipts, the statements had to be signed by the bank. Manage to get it all done the same morning. Visa was available the next day.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bachgencwm said:

Non Immigrant O-A visa

We're talking about Marriage Non-O ME, not same.

I received my last one June this year by post, no financials required, just marriage certificate and wife's ID.

Edited by Stocky
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I actually did this 2 weeks ago in person at the London thai Embassy (chaotic) and they DID want a recent bank statement though they did say one was enough as opposed to the three the website states.

Was that for a non-oa visa or a non-o visa.

The website states that 3 copies are needed for a OA visa application not a non-o visa.

19 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I actually did this 2 weeks ago in person at the London thai Embassy (chaotic) and they DID want a recent bank statement though they did say one was enough as opposed to the three the website states.

Did you ask a staff member before putting in the application?

Did you hand in the application without a bank statement and they asked for one?

42 minutes ago, Somtamnication said:

I was there in August and no income verification was required.

Applied for mine in mid September by post. No financial proof needed. Returned to me in 4 days.

IMO better to apply by post than in person.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

From the replies here it sounds like the usual Thai system - you might or you might not need proof of income, depending on who you see and who knows the rules and if they are ignored or interpreted in whichever way the officer decides.

It seems that if you ask the embassy either by phone,email or in person,you will be given the official line regarding financial requirements.

If ,on the other hand you apply by post with copy of marriage certificate and postal order etc.,no questions are asked and the visa is issued promptly.

Confusious say, don't make waves or rock the boat.

Edited by Denim

16 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

From the replies here it sounds like the usual Thai system - you might or you might not need proof of income, depending on who you see and who knows the rules and if they are ignored or interpreted in whichever way the officer decides.

Well, that could be true. On the other hand, trust the posters here with factual, up-to date information, rather than the worker bees at these embassies.

• Like 1