Re entry permit

I am flying out to Bangkok on the 20th of this month,however after obtaining a tourist visa for my stay of 2 months i have just been offered a job in Poland for 3 weeks in December which would mean leaving and then returning to Bangkok .Do i need a re entry permit to keep my visa on going.Thanks for any advice.

Sent from my SM-J700F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes you could get a re-entry permit (,1,000 baht), but it only keeps the remainder of your 60 day stay alive. E.g. If you leave after 10 days, stay out 21 days, you’ll be granted the remaining 29 days when you re-enter.

4 minutes ago, capo 5 said:

Would i then be able to go to immigration and extend it for another 30 days once the 60 days are up.

Yes as long as you had days remaining on the 60 days when you enter the country using the re-entry permit.

16 hours ago, steve187 said:

you could try and enter on a 30 day visa exempt entry instead of the tourist visa.

re-entry permits can be obtained at the main airports on departure, but best to get from local immigration offices, 1,000 baht

When I do my annual extension at bkk I don't even bother getting the reentry permit. Always get it at airport next time I exit Thailand. Its such a breeze. Download (double sided) fill in attach photo. Take to airport drop into reentry permit office. Done. Of the 6 times I have done this only twice was there another person in office.