general practitionor

rossco1

hi I'm moving to Hua Hin early next year 

I have a number of medical issues including Diabetes 

does anyone have an English speaking Dr around I require regular checkups 

I have other conditions that require help also any help or recommendations would be appreciated 

The sort of "general practitioner" you would have at home does nto really exist here. Thai medical care is highly specialized and you may have to see more than one doctor, so please indicate what the "other conditions" are.

Hua Hin is not an ideal location for someone with multiple medical issues, to be frank. For the best care you would be well advised to make a periodic trip back to Bangkok, there are some excellent facilities on the Thonburi side of the river not far from the Southern bus terminal. These include Siriraj (arguably the top hospital in Thailand) and Thonburi Hospital/Thonburi 2 Hospital and Chao Phya Hospital; professors from Siriraj often have hours at the last 3 mentioned. 

In Hua Hin itslef. Hiua Hin Bangkok Hospital and Paolo Hospital Hua Hin both have doctors and staff who speak at least some English but in many instances not fluent, and these hospitals are quite expensive.  Very, very few of the doctors have any training in the west (whereas in Bangkok area there are many). Less expensive than these is Hua Hin hospital, a small government hospital. It is possible that this has a diabetes clinic whereas I do nto see any endocrinologists listed at either HH Bangkok or Paolo HH hospotals.

37 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

The sort of "general practitioner" you would have at home does nto really exist here. Thai medical care is highly specialized and you may have to see more than one doctor, so please indicate what the "other conditions" are.

16 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Hua Hin is not an ideal location for someone with multiple medical issues, to be frank. For the best care you would be well advised to make a periodic trip back to Bangkok, there are some excellent facilities on the Thonburi side of the river not far from the Southern bus terminal. These include Siriraj (arguably the top hospital in Thailand) and Thonburi Hospital/Thonburi 2 Hospital and Chao Phya Hospital; professors from Siriraj often have hours at the last 3 mentioned. 

In Hua Hin itslef. Hiua Hin Bangkok Hospital and Paolo Hospital Hua Hin both have doctors and staff who speak at least some English but in many instances not fluent, and these hospitals are quite expensive.  Very, very few of the doctors have any training in the west (whereas in Bangkok area there are many). Less expensive than these is Hua Hin hospital, a small government hospital. It is possible that this has a diabetes clinic whereas I do nto see any endocrinologists listed at either HH Bangkok or Paolo HH hospotals.

hi Thanks Sheryl I was thinking Bangkok for my bloods and Diabetic checks was more thinking just local Doctor if need check up when not feeling right 

I do suffer from Anxiety Depression but medication works so just for tune ups if needed 

It's been a few years since I lived in Hua Hin, but when I did there was a retired American doctor who was kind of a farang ambassador at Bangkok Hospital-Hua Hin and was a go-between for foreign patients and hospital staff.  I asked him for a recommendation for a doctor to use as a "GP" and he recommended Dr. Narawadee in Internal Medicine. 

I used her as first point of contact for several years until I moved from Hua Hin.  You can check to see if she's still there and if she'd be willing to fill that role for you.  Her English is very good and she's very compassionate and understanding.

1 hour ago, wpcoe said:

It's been a few years since I lived in Hua Hin, but when I did there was a retired American doctor who was kind of a farang ambassador at Bangkok Hospital-Hua Hin and was a go-between for foreign patients and hospital staff.  I asked him for a recommendation for a doctor to use as a "GP" and he recommended Dr. Narawadee in Internal Medicine. 

I used her as first point of contact for several years until I moved from Hua Hin.  You can check to see if she's still there and if she'd be willing to fill that role for you.  Her English is very good and she's very compassionate and understanding.

Thanks, this is good to know.

She is still there.

Actually she is a rheumatologist but apparently from what yo usaw also sees general internal medicine cases

https://www.bangkokhospital.com/huahin/index.php/en/find-a-doctor

Archived