Advice saught for adult wanting to get into console gaming

BurgerGung

Hi All

I've been watching some gameplay videos (Half Life 2, Far Cry, MGS) and want to try playing some games. 

PS2 slim? PS3? PS4 slim?

Don't want to pay crazy amounts for used games. Pirated games is something I haven't thought of yet.

Q2: for notebook games, should I buy a USB controller? My notebooks are about a decade old but have SSDs.

Q3: Audio is important. Can you recommend a good quality 2-1 or 5-1 system? TEUFEL, KLIPSCH are not known over here... Am too poor to buy junk

Cheers!

For console gaming, PS has the largest content of video games. As the PS4 console is Sony's newest console, I would not recommend older PS models. The newest PS4 games will not play on the older consoles. PS offers a lot of free downloadable games from the PS Store and offers discounts on most popular ones. Pre-owned games are reduced in price but may be hard to find in Thailand.  I doubt you'll find pirated PS4 games.  

I doubt your Notebooks are an option. It takes more than an SSD. It requires additional RAM, at least an I-5 processor or equivalent and a video card that can handle the graphics. Most laptops aren't designed for gaming.

Audio is important and some speaker systems are good but a set of quality headphones offers a better audio experience over external speakers.

All that being said, I have owned a PS4 for over 2 years and usually play online every day. I bought mine in the US and packed it in my carry-on bag. I brought a selection of games with me but have downloaded digital content from the PS Store, Amazon and other sites. 

It must be noted if you decide to get a PS4 they are available online from Lazada, JIB and other sites but at a premium price. One like mine is about $150 more here compared to the US. 

you can get some Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 bluetooth (doesn't have to be bluetooth, they are also wired) for about 11,900 baht and those are the exact ones i have for my PC, i looked it up i think it was called appaccthai

wouldn't get a console personally, you could play any PS2 game you want and some PS3 or all the Gamecube, Wii, Wii U, other older systems and thousands of other games on Steam (or pirated) on a proper PC and do all the other things ofc

Archived