Could you recommend me a good car dashcam ?

noopin2014

Viofo A119s version 2 is available on Lazada with a free polarizer attachment from seller Rizer at 2790 Baht. It has no battery so the heat will not affect it, even over time. It has a Sony sensor. Highly rated on cardashcamtalk.com . 

The 1500 Baht Viofo G1W-s was super popular a few years ago and the picture was good, but the battery swelled up after a few years. 

A Thai IT guy I know has been through a few different cheaper options and settled on the Xiaomi Mi for the best balance of good and price. It is black and has a Sony IMX323 sensor. Costs 1999 Baht. The cheaper grey Xiaomi ones with the non-centered lenses are not great at all.

Plenty around for 1000 or less, but good luck. ????

• Like 2

we bought the type that is a mirror and goes over the existing rear view mirror, has a seperate rear view camera and records 2 separate video files at the same time, bought from lazada about 1,800 baht, very good, we have in 2 cars no problems

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/nanotech-70touch-screen-car-2018-3-in-1-7-630-i126013301-s132305154.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlistcategory.list.22.6e1a6a50zbDR2r&search=1&fbclid=IwAR0eDLJ-vs9wTZkqc4bOWLPCE_FsQapGtX3wP4iPYrQ-ks8P7Rw9o-0J0Vs

• Like 1

When you do buy one, don't forget to tell your car insurer. By law in Thailand they have to give you 5-10% discount for having a dashcam.

Don't be put off by companies claiming it isn't so, they will be lying. You can report them to the OIC (Office of the Insurance Commission).

• Like 2