Security stepped up across country for Loy Krathong fest

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Each family is advised to use only one Krathong lantern to lessen the environmental impact on rivers and canals.

Yeh . . . I guess that's what the public wanted to hear, just to confirm their faith that the NCPO is doing everything it possibly can to save the country's rivers and canals. And there are more BIG words on safety, security, crime-prevention and violence . . . at this festival. 'Festival of what?', you may well ask . . . festival of unarmed combat, gun-slinging and general debauchery? No, it's just a festival - Buddhism driven - to celebrate life on earth and by the launching of candle bedecked banana boats. Where, on Buddha's earth, does the need for all this security and crime-prevention arise? Too many people wanting to play follow my leader, perhaps, having got so used to suffering his antics and tough-guy talk on Friday night TV. Just a thought.

• Like 1

I hope all you guys are packing some heat at Loy Krathong this year..Loy Krathong sounds very dangerous this year.....Lucky the Army and Police will be there to back us up......To help keep us safe from all the terrorist....

I have never heard so much nonsense...  

Edited by fforest1
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

I hope all you guys are packing some heat at Loy Krathong this year..Loy Krathong sounds very dangerous this year.....Lucky the Army and Police will be there to back us up......To help keep us safe from all the terrorist....

It shows the intelligence and parniod tendency of the current admin. Madness

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, fforest1 said:

Where did you read the "nonsense"about saving us from terrorists .

Terrorism wasnt mentioned in this article 

6 hours ago, Ossy said:

Yeh . . . I guess that's what the public wanted to hear, just to confirm their faith that the NCPO is doing everything it possibly can to save the country's rivers and canals. And there are more BIG words on safety, security, crime-prevention and violence . . . at this festival. 'Festival of what?', you may well ask . . . festival of unarmed combat, gun-slinging and general debauchery? No, it's just a festival - Buddhism driven - to celebrate life on earth and by the launching of candle bedecked banana boats. Where, on Buddha's earth, does the need for all this security and crime-prevention arise? Too many people wanting to play follow my leader, perhaps, having got so used to suffering his antics and tough-guy talk on Friday night TV. Just a thought.

Just looking to justify their existence. Like buddhist/christian/jewish monks. Revenue streams to perpetuate and stuff..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, fforest1 said:

All major festivals and holidays have high gun violence and violence, crime....

• Haha 1