Tire inflater's any good?

Orton Rd

At the petrol stations there is usually a queue waiting to put air in the tires, or somebody actually parked up in the space. Was thinking of buying one of those little inflaters that you plug into the 12v outlet in the car, but do they work? Having bought a few things recently like a dashcam that died and one of those touch up scratch pens which was useless I am a bit wary of these things. They have one called my carr in Big C that says it's 300 psi, 695 baht would that do the job on a Vios?

This MasterCraft is good....We have 2 SUV, 1 car, 1 Motorcy, & 4 bicycles = works for all.....I couldn't imagine trying to get all those to a local station.....

One of the reasons I bought this was it didn't plug  into the cig lighter....You get more power directly from the battery....The one's that plug in are toned down + in heavy use can overheat & blow the cig circuit fuse.....

This one is favored by some 4x4 enthusiasts for airing up/down ....It does take a few moments depending on how big the tire.....

Once every 4-6 weeks I'll use it for the bikes, mtrcy, & one vehicle....Done in about a half hour & 4 mosquito bites.....

I got this in the US to bring over, probably avail online....It's been flawless 8-10 years....

Screenshot_2018-11-17-19-29-09-13.png

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Wouldn't that affect the balance?

No - it's like a mini mini mini mist & the heat and rotation of the tires will dissipate it.....

The instructions on mine say to run it unhooked before & after use.....I do it between tires too and never had significant anything show coming through the line....

I blew up about 100 balloons helping at a party & really no moisture to speak of seen in the balloons.... 

• Sad 1

Home air compressors do not have a water separator, all they do is pull air in and pump it into whatever you are trying to inflate. If there is humidity  (water) in the air then that goes in too..

Home air compressors with a tank have a water drain off tap in the tank bottom to get rid of it..