Facebook surprise: "The war is really bad here - I have to send you a million dollars, is that ok!?"

webfact

Facebook surprise: "The war is really bad here - I have to send you a million dollars, is that ok!?"

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

A Thai woman who runs an accessories business told Sanook that she befriended a man on Facebook. 

In no time at all he told her that he was in fierce combat in Afghanistan. 

Things were really bad with all the fighting and death and the banking system had collapsed. 

It was necessary for him to send her 1.5 million US dollars in a cardboard box.

Would that be OK?

He sent her "proof" in the form of a picture of all the loot in a tatty cardboard box. 

All she had to do was transfer some tax to a Krungsri Bank account number.

"Just pay 36,000 baht and all will be yours for our future together...darling".

A helpful call center person called her to explain what to do so that the 50 million baht would be hers. The package had already arrived, in the name of Alvin Paschal, they explained.

When she refused Alvin - her erstwhile Facebook friend - got nasty. 

He said he would send the boys round if she didn't comply and they would trash her home and business. 

Nuanjan said she had parted with no money and was not worried. But she advised other women not to get sucked in by such scams. 

Sanook did not mention if she had contacted the Thai police in this matter. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-20

7 hours ago, webfact said:

...in the name of Alvin Paschal...

All photos on his FB timeline are from 21st Oct 2017.

That must be the day the Taliban took a break from fighting........ giving Alvin some time to update his Facebook profile and learn Thai writing.

11 minutes ago, dcnx said:

A lot of the men in this forum are dating or are married to bar girls who are deceiving them every chance they get. 

It’s only news when roll is reversed.

Thai girls scamming farang guys, no never, doesn't happen, untrue, couldn't possibly believe it ????????????

1 hour ago, Darcula said:

All photos on his FB timeline are from 21st Oct 2017.

That must be the day the Taliban took a break from fighting........ giving Alvin some time to update his Facebook profile and learn Thai writing.

Which, I'm sure was never taken into account from the perspective victim.....

Just now, fanjita said:

It's kind of hard to detail.  Genetics are difficult to describe but definitely not normal.

Ok. No choice  but to accept  that. lol

Why I  responded was because there are so many here that start with the f and forget mentality and are then surprised and bitter when suckered by a female with the smarts to take advantage.

My record originally was 21 years and third  time round currently  17 years and counting  with a Thai wife. 

It is  not necessarily about genetics  or nationality....it is  more about knowing who you are living  with. 

Any unknown "darling" who offered me money via the internet would  be the first I would ignore. And  yes  like so many it has happened non exclusively.

Archived