Beer Lao Cases

Austhaied

Hey folks. Anyone know where to buy (retail) cases of beer Lao ?? Thanks in advance. AT

I stock Beer Lao at Tuskers and would be happy to order you a case or two with a couple of days notice. PM me and I can sort it out for you.

Edited by Tuskers

Hey folks. Anyone know where to buy (retail) cases of beer Lao ?? Thanks in advance. AT

I stock Beer Lao at Tuskers and would be happy to order you a case or two with a couple of days notice. PM me and I can sort it out for you.

Cheers, much appreciated. AT.

Amazing that you posted this because I had beer lao/pizza combo at same same restaurant on rachapakinai road the other night. The pizza was not that great (not enough sauce but then again this is common problem even back home) but according to their sign they are the sole distibutor of beer lao to chiang mai and pai. Can't answer that claim but they do have stacks of cases of beer lao in the back. Upon inquiry they said 900 baht a case and I did see that quote written on a white board in thai. Not sure if this can be bargained down, but it can't hurt to ask. If you do let me know...........

Amazing that you posted this because I had beer lao/pizza combo at same same restaurant on rachapakinai road the other night. The pizza was not that great (not enough sauce but then again this is common problem even back home) but according to their sign they are the sole distibutor of beer lao to chiang mai and pai. Can't answer that claim but they do have stacks of cases of beer lao in the back. Upon inquiry they said 900 baht a case and I did see that quote written on a white board in thai. Not sure if this can be bargained down, but it can't hurt to ask. If you do let me know...........

At 37-40 baht a beer i dont think its worth trying to bargain.. I dont think i posted this message to slag off someones food/ resturant.. :o

^ I was not slagging their food, I said it was not so great. This my opinion and if critical analysis is bad thing thing so be it. I would give the pizza a C, but I would back there. They are nice people and they serve beer lao. I thought the price for the case seemed reasonable and offered some info........

two local beer suppliers will be able to help im sure , their names are nong and A ,you should be able to contact them via matthew at the ralph fitch. nice people

~

Speaking of...

Bier Lao was mentioned to me by several fellow members of the Chiang Mai Expats Club's Computer group that chose Tuskers as their new meeting place this past Tuesday.

Each of the above well worth checking out, btw.

Apparently all in attendance were appropriately impressed with the new digs, the obvious friendliness and kindness of the management in spite of the stresses of a new business endeavor, and the fine taste of Bier Lao which I have yet to experience.

I happen to be looking for cases of Kloster beer and if you know where...

Best of luck with Tuskers, Charles. I look forward to meeting you this coming Tuesday afternoon.

da Dustoff

~

Speaking of...

Bier Lao was mentioned to me by several fellow members of the Chiang Mai Expats Club's Computer group that chose Tuskers as their new meeting place this past Tuesday.

Apparently all in attendance were appropriately impressed with the new digs, the obvious friendliness and kindness of the management in spite of the stresses of a new business endeavor, and the fine taste of Bier Lao which I have yet to experience.

Best of luck with Tuskers, Charles. I look forward to meeting you this coming Tuesday afternoon.

da Dustoff

Thanks DD very generous of you. I'll track down some Kloster. Maybe I should go into wholesale :o

Edited by Tuskers

~

Speaking of...

da Dustoff

Thanks DD very generous of you. I'll track down some Kloster. Maybe I should go into wholesale :o

and where do u find a parking space to get into tuskers?

Bottles = good

Cans suck! :o

Fine sentiments

There is no comparison.. Bottles are the winner by a country mile..Unless you like the taste of aluminium..

Usually I would agree 99.9% of the time, but for some reason beer lao does taste better in the cans than in the bottles... not sure why that is, but I have actually stopped drinking beer lao in thailand (in bottles that is) now due to the strange taste.. always tastes like it is past the expiry date... however, when in laos I would only order it in bottles...

^ I was not slagging their food, I said it was not so great. This my opinion and if critical analysis is bad thing thing so be it. I would give the pizza a C, but I would back there. They are nice people and they serve beer lao. I thought the price for the case seemed reasonable and offered some info........

On one hand i apologize for slagging your slagging.. Because i thought you meant Tuskers, sorry i was wrong..They don't have pizza (yet ??),you were refering to elsewhere no?? On the other hand i don't apologize as this was not posted to slag off ANYONE.. Have a nice day..

On one hand i apologize for slagging your slagging.. Because i thought you meant Tuskers, sorry i was wrong..They don't have pizza (yet ??),you were refering to elsewhere no?? On the other hand i don't apologize as this was not posted to slag off ANYONE.. Have a nice day..

^ Well I can not accept that apology. By your own admission you have some sort of readng comprehension problem, so you might not want to comment on other peoples posts. I post on this forum because other people have helped me with their info and I'd like to give back. I was going to post about the beer lao cases and by cosmic synergy you posted your query, the same day. This info is for all.

In regards to food commentary: I say what I want, kapeesh. You can look at another thread and i said nice things about tuskers. I have not eaten the food (just a few beers), but If I do not like it, I'll say so. Just because you started this thread does not mean you can moderate it. And if you do not like what i have to say, become a moderator and delete my posts, alright? Not interested in getting into a internet argument but I answer your question and you get all pissy.............

The owner of Same Same, Robert, a Thai actually, is the sole distributor for Beer Lao in Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Pai and Mae Hong Son. He buys from BKK who buys from Nong Khai. Yes, 900 baht is the going rate but if you want to buy lots of cases he'll drop the price.

^ Well I can not accept that apology. By your own admission you have some sort of readng comprehension problem, so you might not want to comment on other peoples posts. I post on this forum because other people have helped me with their info and I'd like to give back. I was going to post about the beer lao cases and by cosmic synergy you posted your query, the same day. This info is for all.

In regards to food commentary: I say what I want, kapeesh. You can look at another thread and i said nice things about tuskers. I have not eaten the food (just a few beers), but If I do not like it, I'll say so. Just because you started this thread does not mean you can moderate it. And if you do not like what i have to say, become a moderator and delete my posts, alright? Not interested in getting into a internet argument but I answer your question and you get all pissy.............

:D Peace be with you.. :o

• 4 weeks later...
Bottles = good

Cans suck! :o

Fine sentiments

There is no comparison.. Bottles are the winner by a country mile..Unless you like the taste of aluminium..

Usually I would agree 99.9% of the time, but for some reason beer lao does taste better in the cans than in the bottles... not sure why that is, but I have actually stopped drinking beer lao in thailand (in bottles that is) now due to the strange taste.. always tastes like it is past the expiry date... however, when in laos I would only order it in bottles...

Drinking from an aluminium can leads to Alzeimer's which is the case of Beer Lou(sy) is a significant benefit - you forget how bad it tastes :D

Drinking from an aluminium can leads to Alzeimer's which is the case of Beer Lou(sy) is a significant benefit - you forget how bad it tastes :o

Unfortunately this much repeated myth is just that, a fallacy. All recent research shows no link between aluminium in the diet and Alzheimers disease.

The myth originated because a small proportion of Alzheimers patients were shown, on autopsy, to have elevated levels of aluminium in the brain. The word got out and the myth was born. Problem is, later research has shown the same proportion of non-alzheimers people in the general population also have this elevated aluminium. Hense no causal effect, but the myth persists.

Drinking from an aluminium can leads to Alzeimer's which is the case of Beer Lou(sy) is a significant benefit - you forget how bad it tastes :D

Unfortunately this much repeated myth is just that, a fallacy. All recent research shows no link between aluminium in the diet and Alzheimers disease.

The myth originated because a small proportion of Alzheimers patients were shown, on autopsy, to have elevated levels of aluminium in the brain. The word got out and the myth was born. Problem is, later research has shown the same proportion of non-alzheimers people in the general population also have this elevated aluminium. Hense no causal effect, but the myth persists.

I knew that but was just having sly did at the Beer Lao drinkers, however irrespective of the beer if I drink equal amounts of beer from can compared to bottle the hangover is much, much worse. Oddly cocacola doesn't do the same unless I add sangsom or similar to it. Dunno why but it is a fact. :o