Ebooks

Pattayatony

Tony,

I downloaded a free add in for Word from Microsoft and it works pretty good. You simply open the file in word and click on the Icon for creating book and it takes care of the rest for you. Not sure how universal the output files are for other programs but the Microsoft Reader works just great with books created this way.

Good Luck

Edited by Wash

Tony,

I downloaded a free add in for Word from Microsoft and it works pretty good. You simply open the file in word and click on the Icon for creating book and it takes care of the rest for you. Not sure how universal the output files are for other programs but the Microsoft Reader works just great with books created this way.

Good Luck

Thank you for the reply I will check into it. Did you get it from the Microsoft home page? I was looking for software that will make professional looking ebooks and thought that someone on TV might have some good or bad experience.

Cheers Tony :o

Depends a bit on how you expect your readers to read the books.

If you expect that they will want to print them out and read them, then Adobe Acrobat is a good choice. It is fairly ubiquitous and you can do the layout in any program you want. Acrobat will let you preserve the original page layout, which is nice if you want to get a professional layout done. We do a magazine this way.

If you expect them to read it on screen, things like Microsoft reader are actually a lot more comfortable to use (I love it on my PDA). However a lot of people don't have it installed or don't know about it, and you can't do a complex layout in it. HTML is a good option as everyone has a web browser installed, and you can bundle long books with multiple HTML pages (say one per chapter or topic) in a zip folder for easy download.