55/30 Gallon Steel Barrels?

4raiKohChang

They are certainly available, we had one as a charcoal burner until it rusted out but I've no idea where it came from.

I recall seeing a bunch in a place on Route 9 (Western side) between the 345 and 346 junctions but I don't know if they were actually for sale.

4 minutes ago, Crossy said:

They are certainly available, we had one as a charcoal burner until it rusted out but I've no idea where it came from.

I recall seeing a bunch in a place on Route 9 (Western side) between the 345 and 346 junctions but I don't know if they were actually for sale.

i am sure they arrive here with foreign chemicals but am not sure they are used or sold here as new.  The large plastic types seem to serve the same commercial purpose, and body disposals, as the steel types used elsewhere. ???? 

• Haha 1

In Chonburi Province there seems to be many places selling old chemical barrels plastic and steel prices ranging 100 to 300 baht. As someone says they are used chemical barrels including from products made here, not just imports.  The same places also sell those big square water tanks in cages, old plastic raised flooring tiles (by the stack of 100's) and bulk molasses by the gallon.  Perhaps there are less outlets the further you get away from major industrial areas but I am sure the will be nearly everywhere.  They are even on the side of main highways down here, in some places two yards side by side.  I think you just have to ask around and someone will tell you where.  When I bought my latest one last month for a new burn barrel, the steel 44 (imp) gallon ones (55 US gals???) were 180b for a burn barrel grade one to 300b for an perfect one and lid and band.