Green Books / Blue Books & New Passport

Aviatorhi

Have a new passport and all my green books and blue books use my old passport number. Out of an abundance of caution do I need to change these and update to the new number? Or simply keep a the old passport around?

Sorry if I posted in the wrong forum. 

11 minutes ago, glegolo said:

OK thanks for info. - May i inquier? What kind of blue book is it? For a condo or???

glegolo

Blue book is normally for a car.

The blue book for a condo (Thai) never would use any information from passport, as you have a Thai ID.. or with a yellow book you will becoming a new ThaiID, which then is used for example as the registration number for the PinkID.

That's the risk with simplified terms :biggrin:

When I read blue AND green it was quite clear that it refers to vehicle registration.

Of course a house registration book for Thai people is (also) blue (dark blue) and for foreigners it's yellow.

And as usual the registration books contain the passport number of the foreigner (like the driving licenses).

Thai people have their citizen ID which normally will never change. So it's always a foreigner's issue which might lead to confusion.

I hope someone can contribute to the original question of the OP.

blue.jpg

green.jpg

So any insight here? I am fairly content with keeping the books as is since they only ever come out of the safe at tax time and I have the old passport locked up with them in case someone questions the ID number. Was hoping someone else had an experience with this. 

27 minutes ago, Aviatorhi said:

So any insight here? I am fairly content with keeping the books as is since they only ever come out of the safe at tax time and I have the old passport locked up with them in case someone questions the ID number. Was hoping someone else had an experience with this. 

My ID card number is in the vehicles registration book and this number is reliable because it will never change. If your passport number has been used instead of a ID then I would ask the transport department what happens if you change owners and the ID does not match your passport or the police query ownership for some reason.  

Archived