Changing from retirement extension to marriage

You would just put that as the reason on TM.7 and your normal passport/copies and arrive with account paperwork, wife, extra photos that are required for marriage extensions (normally 3 or 4 with one sitting on bed and another together at entry with house number), her ID/Home Register and copies and whatever your specific office may require.  Normally not much different than normal retirement - but someone has to return in a month to get the final stamp.

Nobody is certain at this time what will be required to apply for an extension next August. IMO it is a little early to be thinking about switching to a different extension.

It is possible showing your income going into a Thai bank account will be enough. Perhaps think about starting to transfer at least 40k baht per month into a bank account for the extension based upon marriage.

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

You would just put that as the reason on TM.7 and your normal passport/copies and arrive with account paperwork, wife, extra photos that are required for marriage extensions (normally 3 or 4 with one sitting on bed and another together at entry with house number), her ID/Home Register and copies and whatever your specific office may require.  Normally not much different than normal retirement - but someone has to return in a month to get the final stamp.

Will it be possible to do such a marriage extension, if my wife and I are living in my father-in law's house on the top floor and him living downstairs, in other words, without having a rental agreement ?

1 minute ago, North said:

Will it be possible to do such a marriage extension, if my wife and I are living in my father-in law's house on the top floor and him living downstairs, in other words, without having a rental agreement ?

Not a problem. Have him write a statement that you are living in his house with signed copies of his house book and ID card attached.

Is your wife registered in his house book? If yes all that is needed is her house book.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Not a problem. Have him write a statement that you are living in his house with signed copies of his house book and ID card attached.

Is your wife registered in his house book? If yes all that is needed is her house book.

Yes, my wife is registered in his house book.

I am asking, because of all the turmoil about the income letter from the embassies.

As I have used that until now, I find myself in a situation, that I don't have the needed 800,000 Baht in the bank right now, so changing to a marriage extension would mean, that I only need to find 400,000 Baht for my next extension 1. March 2019.

I have also been thinking about changing to use my other passport in the future, but maybe I will postpone that. Right now I need to find a way to stay in Thailand until the end of April 2019, at that time I will travel to Europe and prepare the sale of my house there.

12 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife near the end of you current extension.

Oh, that sounds good !

And I suppose, that such an 60 days extension does not incur the need of having 400,000/800,000 Baht in the bank ?

1 hour ago, lopburi3 said:

Thanks for the information. Does this mean that I should apply 1 month before my retirement extension expires?

29 minutes ago, happydays said:

Thanks for the information. Does this mean that I should apply 1 month before my retirement extension expires?

Most people plan on doing a bit early in case anything needed that is not with them but the one month is an under review period which can be beyond current extension of stay - and in some cases has taken longer than a month.  You are still allowed to stay during review.