My Wife Is Gambling

Brewster67

18 minutes ago, fanjita said:

I feel for you both and the child.  There's so little support in LOS for gambling addiction that you're almost on your own.

I can only wish you all the best and hope that someone can provide a little support / glimmer of hope.  

Gambling seems to be an issue and these schemes as well. We have friend who’s wife wanted to make money like him but has lost a small fortune on bit coin and lite coin.

only thing is she did it to contribute not to deceive but it went wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Make sure she has no access to your money.

Stop investing in the business.

Don't give her your money for any reason.

(That also means paying all the household bills in person)

Sympathy for you,

but you can't do much to stop this madness, apart from limit your personal financial loss.

I have demanded all the money from the businesses be immediately put into my bank account, she has no legal access to it although she does know my online banking logins, however she would know I would challenge any withdrawals... But she is a very good accountant, and i know how far a gambling addict will go to cover up their habit, and that would include creative accounting and diverting a % of the funds to her own bank account.

With regard to investing, I don't need to invest any more. I already invested in equipment and setup costs to the tune of about 400K a few years back, and those business have made back at least a couple of million and continues to provide us with a fairly comfortable albeit modest existence.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Cut off all her funds - now. Change all your passwords to any accounts. She needs tough love.

She needs funds to operate our businesses and I can't take over because unfortunately she is the one with all the skills. I will certainly be keeping an eye on the business accounts though, I have a fair idea what money should be coming in every week.

2 minutes ago, Brewster67 said:

She needs funds to operate our businesses and I can't take over because unfortunately she is the one with all the skills. I will certainly be keeping an eye on the business accounts though, I have a fair idea what money should be coming in every week.

You may have to sacrifice the businesses temporarily to get her to listen.

• Like 1

Just now, Brewster67 said:

Hmmm..

Best of luck.

I once knew an alcoholic who,under close scrutiny,filled up the windscreen wiper bottle with vodka..

No scrutiny is ever close enough if you do not shut it down.

Anyway..enough from me.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RickBradford said:

Gamblers, like alcoholics, drug users and other addicts are very cunning at getting their 'fix'.

They are also completely untrustworthy - they are no longer in charge, the addiction has taken over.

So their words are completely untrustworthy; their actions will prove that.

Ring-fence as many assets as you can, and try and find some help for your wife, if not at a medical facility, then maybe even at a temple.

In any case, the answer is going to be neither quick nor easy. 

Yes or you could loose anything and watch loan sharks as they may lend and you won’t know until you get a vist late one night!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BestB said:

What you need is to find a Thai , with a status such as a lawyer or a doctor to confirm this binary trading is a scam .

once she hears from a Thai with a status , she will stop. Until then she will go on and on. If you get all the money, she will go borrow it.

Possibly very true and worth a try at least?

• Like 2