Turkish paper: CIA had recording of Saudi prince demanding Khashoggi be 'silenced'

webfact

13 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

And since Alwaleed recently was arrested on orders of the crown prince, how is this related to this story?

So you think his financial interests in SA have no bearing on his decisions in this?

Yes given the impulsive and violent nature of the crown prince, it's definitely a good idea to go on supporting him:

Saudis Want a U.S. Nuclear Deal. Can They Be Trusted Not to Build a Bomb?

"Before Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, was implicated by the C.I.A. in the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, American intelligence agencies were trying to solve a separate mystery: Was the prince laying the groundwork for building an atomic bomb?

The 33-year-old heir to the Saudi throne had been overseeing a negotiation with the Energy Department and the State Department to get the United States to sell designs for nuclear power plants to the kingdom...

But there is a hitch: Saudi Arabia insists on producing its own nuclear fuel, even though it could buy it more cheaply abroad, according to American and Saudi officials familiar with the negotiations."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/22/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-nuclear.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bristolboy said:

But it is a big problem for the USA when it allies itself with a leader who has repeatedly demonstrated both a remarkable lack of judgement and of self-control. An argument can be made in favor of cynicism when dealing with Saudi Arabia but in favor of stupidity not so much.

That's what they have always done and it's never been a problem before. People are idiots if they think the wars and illegal meddling the U.S is involved in has anything to do with democracy. 

• Like 2

On 11/23/2018 at 10:02 AM, IAMHERE said:

I can make a case of sorrow for Kashogi; but not while I am pumping gasoline into my SUV. I don't give a rats ass about the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and their miserable constituents. There is a reason they are alive and have that government, not my problem.

If Trump "green-lighted" Khashoggi's disappearance in advance of Khashoggi's trip to Turkey, would you care?

With an important supporter for the Saudi Arabia Kingdom and specifically for Prince Jamal inspite of their human rights record, it might be sensible to assure that assassinating Khashoggi won't lose American military support.

Would you care that POTUS Trump might essentially be acting as an agent of a foreign undemocratic power rather than as a democratic leader of America?

23 hours ago, bristolboy said:

Yes given the impulsive and violent nature of the crown prince, it's definitely a good idea to go on supporting him:

Saudis Want a U.S. Nuclear Deal. Can They Be Trusted Not to Build a Bomb?

"Before Saudi Arabia’s crown prince, Mohammed bin Salman, was implicated by the C.I.A. in the killing of Jamal Khashoggi, American intelligence agencies were trying to solve a separate mystery: Was the prince laying the groundwork for building an atomic bomb?

The 33-year-old heir to the Saudi throne had been overseeing a negotiation with the Energy Department and the State Department to get the United States to sell designs for nuclear power plants to the kingdom...

But there is a hitch: Saudi Arabia insists on producing its own nuclear fuel, even though it could buy it more cheaply abroad, according to American and Saudi officials familiar with the negotiations."

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/22/world/middleeast/saudi-arabia-nuclear.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Love to see these morons pull a Chernobyl and turn all their oil radioactive.