How to have more power than the police while missing a lucrative business opportunity

tom in bangkok

How would you like to be above the law while also having the chance to race along Sukhumvit every weekend? Sound good? If so, boy do I have the opportunity for you!

Simply show up every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night with your motorcycle (no mufflers allowed) outside of Big C Jumbo! Once you arrive, feel free to hang out with your fellow motorcyclists along the side of the road and enjoy some local street food or line up and push your motorcycle to the limit in a race! Victors are awarded with the ability to ride back to the starting line via the footpath while the losers are asked to think about how to make more noise while riding. Bonus points are awarded for the fastest and loudest motorcycles, however speed grants less points than loudness.

BYO steady video recordings as none will be provided to you.

Seriously though, the local police setup checkpoints to search cars for drugs during the wee hours of the morning on the occasional weekday but they don't respond to rubbish like this? These motorcycle boys are more effective than the police at stopping traffic. The group is so large and effective at it that they could start charging normal drivers a fee for wanting to interrupt their street hangout.

I know I had a whinge about the motorcyclists a few weeks ago but just look at how many there are in the video! This has been going on for more than 6 months and the numbers keep growing. Meanwhile, I get pulled over at 1am on a Tuesday night to be searched. Blegh.

Archived