Permanent Residence

I am here on an 1 year O visa obtained from the Thai Consul in UK. I have been doing this for 3 or so years since my divorce from a Thai national.In the divorce I obtained custody of my son who holds both UK and Thai citizenship.

I would like to become a permanent resident.

I have a monthly income from my UK company of 120,000 bht per month.

Am I eligible as a parent of a Thai child to eventually applu for PR after 3 extensions...or do I have to work here also ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am awaiting further comments, but I guess as long you not paid TAX for working in Thailand there is no chance to obtain PR.

For foreigner male it's not that easy to receive PR. For a foreigner woman it's much easier even to become Thai citizen when married to a Thai male.

22 minutes ago, battersea said:

Am I eligible as a parent of a Thai child to eventually applu for PR after 3 extensions...or do I have to work here also ?

You have to be working here with a work permit and paying taxes for 3 years to apply for permanent residency. 

55 minutes ago, HampiK said:

I am awaiting further comments, but I guess as long you not paid TAX for working in Thailand there is no chance to obtain PR.

For foreigner male it's not that easy to receive PR. For a foreigner woman it's much easier even to become Thai citizen when married to a Thai male.

All correct other than to state PR and citizenship are not the same thing...PR infers the legal right of abode only