Bike ownership transfer

lepitw

Hello, and thanks for any information regarding my situation.

I live in pai, mhs province, have workpermit and residency there.

I bought a second hand bike in Chiang mai, registered in Chiang mai.

1. What is the process to register the bike I my name in a different province? Is it worth?

2. Can I transfer ownership at Chiang mai DLT if my residency is in Mae hong son (as stated on my workpermit) or do I have to do it in MHS DLT. In that case, will the seller have to come with me or not?

3. The seller tells me he can issue a rental agreement for me to apply for resident certificate in Chiang mai, so we can transfer ownership but not change province. Would that be a safe option? Can I still pay the yearly taxes in Mae hong son after that?

Thanks for your help!

13 hours ago, lepitw said:

1. What is the process to register the bike I my name in a different province? Is it worth?

Take the easy way  go to an agent displaying this sign

post-2109-0-09307200-1357115893.gif

and pay them a small amount to do all the running around for you..if you live and have work permit in ChaingRai then it would be "easier" to "move" the bikes province and thus new number plate to there..instead of trying to get a "certificate of residence" in Chaingmai..

the seller should give you a signed "power of attorney"  for so they don't have to go to the Department of Land transportation with you..

You can pay yearly tax and insurance anywhere no matter what province the number plate says.

Vehicle_Transfer_2.zip

in the zip file you will find  the forms needed.

Edited by johng