Future Park Rangsit Area - Apartment Hunting!

Loz

Hi all!

looking to Move to the Rangsit Area next month and wondered if anyone knew of any good apartments for rent in that area. I have found One apartments near the market and they have a 48Sq Meter place with separate bedroom and air con in both rooms with soft furnishings for 8k plus utilities and 1400bht for car parking. for 5k I could have a single room 26sq M. (think its meters, does BKK work in Feet??) Nice new little places anyway.

Anyone got any good Intel on this area. Its a seething mass of roads and heavy traffic and if I could get somewhere on the same side of the main road as Future Park, that might make life easier...

Looking forward to your input. Thanks in advance.

Loz

• 3 years later...

sup mate,

me and the gf have been trying to find something in that area too since the protests take me out of saphan kwai

www.ppcproperty.com/rangsit_apart. htm

is the only place i could find mate and when the gf called they wouldnt budge on price at around 14000 pm + deposit of one month

but they actually do the basic rooms for 8kish, i don't mind cheap places tbh as long as its clean.

Rangsit Apartment II (II is much nicer and much newer than the original) is really the only thing that is farang friendly in the area. They don't really bargain on price. They have a fixed fee structure. Pay it or don't. You also need to consider the 1500 baht per month for a parking spot if you haven't factored that in to your costs. There are some Thai style apartments over behind Lotus, but they're not much to look at.

There is nothing on the Future Park side near that intersection. Why would you want it there anyway? The worst traffic in the area is right in front of Major Cineplex. Avoid that side at all costs. You do know that you can avoid that intersection entirely if you are staying at Rangsit market and travelling towards Bangkok don't you? There is a small bridge over the klong in back of the market that lets you skip the whole thing, pop out along the U-Turn under the bridge and head straight down toward Zeer. You can pick up the tollway from there.

If Rangsit Apartments doesn't float your boat, I would look at renting a private house. Lots of those available all over. Just drive around. If you head down Rangsit-Nakon Nayok road (that's the Future Park side and heading East) about 5 km to Klong 4, and turn up there, you'll find dozens of housing estates. Houses in that area will rent for about 10k per month. San Seri has a nice housing estate with a big pool about 3 km up Klong 2 on that same road (Klong 2 is about 2 km East of Future Park) if you want a bit more luxury. You can probably rent something there in the 25k range. There are also some Thai style apartments up Klong 2. No idea of the cost though.

You can also head down Rangsit-Pathumthani road and there are some Thai style apartments near the railroad station, as well as hundreds of townhouses for rent all the way from Pathumveth Hospital down towards the tracks.

My recommendation is stay at Rangsit Apartment II for 6 months. It is actually a fairly nice place and they have decent security. Once you know the layout of the area a little better, you can start searching for something else.

Both Rangsit Apartment I and II are decent, and that may be where you found the place. The service is pretty decent and the people are friendly. However, it's kind of mismanaged but they are quick to fix any issues. The main thing you need to be absolutely sure of is to get a room that is not facing the market speakers or is exposed to noise (from the streets to the concert arena across). This can be deafening and it starts at 5a sometimes and you won't have any peace of mind.

Also, if you go down by Thammasart U, there are a lot of student apartments that are nice and interesting but a different kind of life. I'd say they're less polished than Rangsit Apartment but some are clean and well maintained and being in ones where they allow only families (for grad students, etc.) will keep things quiet.

Edited by ramdom

One other thought I had for you depending on your exact reasons for where you want to live.

If you head South about 2km from the Future Park intersection towards Bangkok on Phahonyothin 87, and then go in that soi about 3km you'll find the Muang Ake golf course and Rangsit University.

There are at least 20 apartment buildings in this area. They are geared for students but they won't say no to anyone. Some are very nice and brand new. Others are older but less expensive. There are also nice townhouses for rent all around the area for about 10k, or single family homes in the 25k - 50k range depending on how much luxury you want.

If you want something a little further away from the hustle and bustle of Future Park you might consider it.