A hundred patrons test positive for drugs at Nasa Pub in Bangkok

webfact

A hundred patrons test positive for drugs at Nasa Pub in Bangkok

6pm1.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Drugs suppression cops and commandos raided the Nasa Pub on the Kaset-Nawamin Road this morning looking for drugs. 

There were 500 patrons enjoying their night out when the authorities arrived, turned off the music and turned on the lights. 

The men and women present were separated and their IDs were checked. All had urine checks for drugs. 

Some 100 people returned positive purple samples indicating drug use. 

In addition the authorities found discarded ketamine, ice (methamphetamine), ecstasy and drug taking equipment thrown all over the floor. 

Those who tested positive were taken to Khok Khram police station for prosecution. 

Source: Thai Rath

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-11-28
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

Looking at the photo on the left it looks like one of the side effects of these drugs are that it gives you huge knockers.i wondering  if the cops searched her half a dozen times.

Rumour has it that they body searched her, "top to bottom", twice.

• Haha 1

What is the law here in LOS, on drug use or suspected use?  What rights does a person have, and how far can "law enforcement (555)" go, without a warrant?  Can law enforcement kick your door in, and demand you piss in a cup?  

Not that I'm worried, but reading the article above strikes me as a bit odd:  It's a private venue, most were not "caught" in possession of "____", no one was doing anything requiring sobriety (it's a bar/club/pub), such as driving.  So if a few of these people have tested positive for "___", what's the charge, and is there a possible defense?  Or is this just another PR and money shot? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CanuckThai said:

What is the law here in LOS, on drug use or suspected use?  What rights does a person have, and how far can "law enforcement (555)" go, without a warrant?  Can law enforcement kick your door in, and demand you piss in a cup?  

Not that I'm worried, but reading the article above strikes me as a bit odd:  It's a private venue, most were not "caught" in possession of "____", no one was doing anything requiring sobriety (it's a bar/club/pub), such as driving.  So if a few of these people have tested positive for "___", what's the charge, and is there a possible defense?  Or is this just another PR and money shot? 

Doesn't a bar open to the public make it a "public establishment" not a private venue?

Police were checking for drugs on the premises. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

Doesn't a bar open to the public make it a "public establishment" not a private venue?

Police were checking for drugs on the premises. 

I get what you mean, good question.  It's not a public library, a public park with a beer tent and open market vendors.  It's a property owned by someone with a licence for severing alcohol, a privately owned business I would assume.

12 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Looking at the photo on the left it looks like one of the side effects of these drugs are that it gives you huge knockers.i wondering  if the cops searched her half a dozen times.

Ladyboys do tend to go for the most exaggerated silicone enhancements.