Chon Buri woman with no car cries foul over traffic tickets

webfact

Woman with no car cries foul over traffic tickets

By The Nation

imageproxy-1.jpg

FILE photo

A Chon Buri woman has had two traffic tickets mailed to her home – which she found disconcerting since she doesn’t own a vehicle.

Sutheemon Phachee filed a complaint with Muang Chon Buri police on Wednesday saying some unknown person had apparently stolen her identity to buy a car and now she’s being ordered to pay their fines.

She suspects the person may have obtained a copy of her ID card.

The tickets were issued for a Toyota car with licence plate Ngor Chor 8534 Chon Buri.

The first ticket, dated October 18, was for exceeding the speed limit in Tambon Pak Priew, Muang Chon Buri. The second ticket was for illegal parking in Si Racha district on November 20.

Police said they’d track down the real owner of the car.

Full story: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30359449

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-11-28
  • Haha 1

I ended up paying a 500 baht fine for alleged offences committed by riders of my motor cycle in Nakon Sawan, when my bike had been unusable and in store in Hua Hin for over three years. In trying to transfer ownership from my ex-wife in the N/S area, details of my blue book had been sent to the N/S police, which enabled them to quote not only the number plate but also (and unusually) the chassis number on the false charge sheet.

I had to travel to N/S from Hua Hin to sort it out and enable me to complete the transfer of ownership.  In order to do that,  I finally, under protest, agreed to pay the fine, at which point all seven police officers in the office, clearly all in on this type of regular scam, burst out laughing.  Just another mug scammed.  Because the bike was still in my ex-wife's name and she lived in their area, they obviously though it was safe to claim that an offence had been committed on that bike, whose registration details were conveniently in their hands. In the end, the fact that the bike had never been in use for over three years down in Hua Hin did not prevent their scam.

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Retiredandhappyhere said:

...In trying to transfer ownership from my ex-wife in the N/S area...

What does N/S mean?

• Like 1