Keeping a work permit but not really working......???

Just when you heard it all.... OK, so I guess my school really, really likes me.  My contract is good until April 2019, so, yes, work permit good until April, 2019.  I have been there a few years.  I will do my 90-day immigration check next Monday.  

BUT I told them I am going to travel for two months.  So the plan was to cancel my WP, go to immigration, leave the country, and do that crazy process......  i'm not sure i will ever teach again, but maybe.  

BUT my school says.....   keep the work permit, email us if you want to come back, come back anytime....and in a few months, when done traveling, come back and talk to us.  they want it to be less stressful on me....

If you are me.....what do you do?

If I'm in Chiang Rai and show them a work permit (not sure who would ask) from a school in Phuket (not really where i'm at, but so you get the idea)...is that not a red flag when i ask to stay one month??

or has this happened before and i don't need to worry?

If I were you, I would keep the Work Permit and the Extension till it finishes. Don't be showing your Work Permit to others, particularly outside Phuket. I can't really think why you might do that. Perhaps to open a bank account?

I have done this (finish a job but keep the extension till the end) before, for several months, twice! Without problems. As long as the employer sticks to their word to allow you to run out the clock, it should be ok.

thanks, will talk with them today.  i have a bank account already...

I 95% trust them......lol..... but there is that 5% chance that one day they wake up and change their mind...

there there is the piece of mind that i am not connected to a school.  and really "free".  I think part of the reason is they want to make sure i'm not teaching elsewhere, or seeing if i'm really just on vacation.  They think i'm rich...not working for 7 months before my job started, and now not working again.  5555.  

ok, maybe it will be easy.....