Extreme Brexit could be worse than financial crisis for UK: BoE

webfact

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

The U.K has the Worlds 5 th largest economy .

The U.K cannot sign any trade deals until it has left the E.U.

Are you aware of any discussion between the UK and other Countries about future trade deals or are you just assuming that theres no deals in the pipeline ?

6 deals done,  all about as much use as a chocolate fireguard,the big boys dont want to know us,much easier dealing with the Daddy that is the EU

Brexit_ What trade deals has the UK done so far_ - BBC News.html

30 minutes ago, aright said:

I don’t recall saying we were a super power and certainly your claim doesn’t match the feelings of the people in my pub, my business and my friends. What part of the UK do you live in that is so different from mine in E Yorks?  Why are you reluctant to back your claim with evidence that plenty of people think Empire starts at the end of March.

There was no ‘leave’ manifesto. A manifesto is a declaration of policy normally by a political party. There was however lots of conjecture and misinformation on both sides.

As I recall your side said after the referendum there would be an immediate and profound economic shock which would drive the UK into recession. Can you remind us who has gone into recession and who is a rizla paper away from going in? It was also said that house prices would fall by 10-18%. In my area they haven’t changed perhaps in your area it’s different. 500000 people would be unemployed. The unemployment rate is 4% its lowest level since the 1970’s. Brexit was going to harm national security and reduce foreign investment. Show me the evidence.

In the absence of a well done I have assumed you weren't happy with the latest public finance declaration.

BREXIT HASNT STARTED YET BUT MAYBE IT HAS IN THE COUNTRY OF YORKSHIRE.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, bomber said:

6 deals done,  all about as much use as a chocolate fireguard,the big boys dont want to know us,much easier dealing with the Daddy that is the EU

Brexit_ What trade deals has the UK done so far_ - BBC News.html 217.64 kB · 1 download

The UK can still trade with Countries under the WTO rules , just that the rules will be different .

Trade deals just make it easier to trade with each other , with less bureaucracy 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

The UK can still trade with Countries under the WTO rules , just that the rules will be different .

Trade deals just make it easier to trade with each other , with less bureaucracy 

WTO rues means tariffs where there aren't any now.  Hardly a positive

53 minutes ago, aright said:

There was no ‘leave’ manifesto. A manifesto is a declaration of policy normally by a political party. 

After we Vote Leave, we would immediately be able to start negotiating new trade deals with emerging economies and the world’s biggest economies (the US, China and Japan, as well as Canada, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, and so on), which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU.”

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/a_framework_for_taking_back_control_and_establishing_a_new_uk_eu_deal_after_23_june.html

So...remind me. All going to plan is it? ??

Edited by samran
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, samran said:

After we Vote Leave, we would immediately be able to start negotiating new trade deals with emerging economies and the world’s biggest economies (the US, China and Japan, as well as Canada, Australia, South Korea, New Zealand, and so on), which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU.”

http://www.voteleavetakecontrol.org/a_framework_for_taking_back_control_and_establishing_a_new_uk_eu_deal_after_23_june.html

So...remind me. All going to plan is it? ??

That was on the understanding that we would leave immediately after the vote , so , what the meant was "When we leave" , because leaving was expected to happen immediately after  the vote

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

That was on the understanding that we would leave immediately after the vote , so , what the meant was "When we leave" , because leaving was expected to happen immediately after  the vote

That was what was being said by the Brexit campaigners yes.  Just another of the lies that people bought into.  It was never going to happen like that and they knew that all to well.  Just like "This will be the easiest deal ever" from Liam Fox.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dunroaming said:

That was what was being said by the Brexit campaigners yes.  Just another of the lies that people bought into.  It was never going to happen like that and they knew that all to well.  Just like "This will be the easiest deal ever" from Liam Fox.

As we were heading into untrodden territory , no one really knew what to expect .

No one really seemed to know what do the day after the vote .

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bomber said:

WTO is regarded by the majority of experts as last chance saloon 

Aye, but when you are dying of thirst in the desert, I’m sure camel pee seems mighty attractive. 

20 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Not a positive , just a mere hindrance .

And it will likely get sorted out once the dust of Brexit has settled 

Ah, the good old British bulldog fighting spirit that got Jerry last time and will get him again...

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

And the TV ‘Dog ate my homework’ award goes to....

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As we were heading into untrodden territory , no one really knew what to expect .

This isn’t untrodden territory. The whole world were looking on asking ‘W.T.F’????

Edited by samran

Just now, samran said:

Ah, the good old British bulldog fighting spirit that got Jerry last time and will get him again...

Now stop exaggerating , I never compared it to World war 2 !!!!!!! 

I merely stated that not having a trade deal will just be a hindrance to trading , rather than causing the cessation of trade completely .........and you made a WW2 reference !!!!!!!!

Comparing my post to WW2 is plainly  ridiculous 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes that is true which makes all those promises made by Johnson, Fox, Gove, Farage etc. all the more contemptable.  Nobody knew what was going to be achievable  but their wish list was presented as facts.  Well we know the facts now!

1 hour ago, bomber said:

6 deals done so far including one with the HHHHHHHHHUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGEEEEEEE global market that is Japan  Palastine

Brexit_ What trade deals has the UK done so far_ - BBC News.html 217.64 kB · 1 download

.........and as I’ve stated here many times: these are not real Free Trade deals, but merely agreements to continue the application of the relevant EU agreement, with the same rules, same tariffs, etc. So much for ‘taking back control’............????????

Edited by damascase
Typo

The Treasury has recorded the biggest January surplus since records began, raking in £14.9billion more than Government spent.

Borrowing has fallen to the lowest level in 11 years as the deficit continues to fall despite contingency measures taken for Brexit.

10091470-0-image-a-14_1550746070932.jpg

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Now stop exaggerating , I never compared it to World war 2 !!!!!!! 

I merely stated that not having a trade deal will just be a hindrance to trading , rather than causing the cessation of trade completely .........and you made a WW2 reference !!!!!!!!

Comparing my post to WW2 is plainly  ridiculous 

Fair play. I withdraw. 

56 minutes ago, sanemax said:

As this is the first time that a Country has left the E.U. , it is indeed untrodden territory and no one seemed to know how to proceed 

Leaving the EU, yes. 

Knowing what is out there and the experience of the other 160 odd non-EU members, isn’t.

24 minutes ago, melvinmelvin said:

second time

There have only been three other instances where a country or territory dropped out of the EU - and none of them were full-fledged member states like Britain. In other words, we really are in uncharted waters.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/168909-has-any-country-left-the-eu-before-brexit-has-shaken-the-continent

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, aright said:

The Treasury has recorded the biggest January surplus since records began, raking in £14.9billion more than Government spent.

Borrowing has fallen to the lowest level in 11 years as the deficit continues to fall despite contingency measures taken for Brexit.

10091470-0-image-a-14_1550746070932.jpg

More reason not to throw it all away with brexit

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

There have only been three other instances where a country or territory dropped out of the EU - and none of them were full-fledged member states like Britain. In other words, we really are in uncharted waters.

https://www.bustle.com/articles/168909-has-any-country-left-the-eu-before-brexit-has-shaken-the-continent

thanks, good link, I had forgotten about Algeria, and opted to neglect Barts

here is an interesting piece on Greenland, note in particular what is said about Germany

https://www.politico.eu/article/greenland-exit-warning-to-britain-brexit-eu-referendum-europe-vote-news-denmark/

Edited by melvinmelvin
add text/link

1 hour ago, aright said:

Good we have left the Empire bit presumably because you couldn't support your claim but a new problem has arisen Bomber thinks Yorkshire is a country. He seems to be as well informed as you. You have a great deal to say but have shown a great deal of reluctance to answer questions like what part of the UK are you from etc?

which could enter into force immediately after the UK leaves the EU.

Frameworks aren't manifestos .Manifestos have a moral binding, frameworks don't.

The operative word is "could" (an expression of possibility) and the answer to your question is have we left the EU yet?

I have no idea at what stage we are at with negotiating trade deals you seem to have advance information or is it more of your conjecture? 

Sorry, your screen dump of pedantic text masquerading as posts make my eyes glaze over. 

So are you one of these people who think that people don’t have a right to comment unless they are from somewhere. 

Rather arrogant on your behalf that you think I need to justify my existence to people like yourselves. 

1 hour ago, melvinmelvin said:

thanks, good link, I had forgotten about Algeria, and opted to neglect Barts

here is an interesting piece on Greenland, note in particular what is said about Germany

https://www.politico.eu/article/greenland-exit-warning-to-britain-brexit-eu-referendum-europe-vote-news-denmark/

Thanks for that interesting sidelight, a timely indication that Brexit (assuming it happens, which is by no means certain) will be a long haul, with the hoped-for economic gains coming in the medium to long term.

Edited by Krataiboy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Krataiboy said:

Thanks for that interesting sidelight, a timely indication that Brexit (assuming it happens, which is by no means certain) will be a long haul, with the hoped-for economic gains coming in the medium to long term.

how long is long?

• Like 1