Have you recently got a visa in KL?

Hi,

I am planning to get a single entry tourist visa from the embassy in KL at some point next week. There is a checklist of documents online and it includes a ticket back out of Thailand, but a) I am not sure where I will be going after that and b) it could be that I will want to extend the visa. I really don't know yet because it will be expiring right about the time it is getting too hot and I will just have to see what is going on.

Can I get away without the return ticket, and if not what is the cheapest "burner" ticket I can get away with (it would have to be from Chiang Mai really, and bookable online).

Thanks

Up until a couple of years ago, it would have been foolhardy to try for a tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur at all. The situation there has definitely improved, but I would be very surprised if they would waive any of the requirements on their checklist. The only question is whether they would accept one of the cheap international bus tickets (such as from Hat Yai to Butterworth) that you can book online instead of a flight reservation.

Lowest price air tickets change almost daily. All you can do is browse the websites of the budget airlines to see what you can find.

OK thanks guys. I will get a proper flight ticket then. I can't be arsed going down there and waiting around only to be told I have to try again and come back the following week. I am in KL at the moment so it has to be KL really - cheaper to buy a ticket I'm not going to use than to go to Penang and back, and much quicker too.

13 hours ago, BritTim said:

Up until a couple of years ago, it would have been foolhardy to try for a tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur at all. The situation there has definitely improved, but I would be very surprised if they would waive any of the requirements on their checklist. The only question is whether they would accept one of the cheap international bus tickets (such as from Hat Yai to Butterworth) that you can book online instead of a flight reservation.

Lowest price air tickets change almost daily. All you can do is browse the websites of the budget airlines to see what you can find.

Which website can you use for a bus ticket.?

Re air ticket , Thai Lion air have Dmk to Yangon at 1295 baht for about 60 days in advance.

19 hours ago, BritTim said:

NomadProof.co 

Best Onward Ticket 

Onward Flights